Fed Xcc Company Driver or Employee

Roy Stowers

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
The best of the good times are probley over for this company. old timmers remember the good days when the money wass great and you were not a company with your own truck.
I can rember when Dave Dallas was my recruiter and I"m here to tell you that that fellow would bend over baxkwards for his recruits, however that"s history for he has moved on to a better company "LANDSTAR".
You know this fellow played a exemtlatory role as a recruiter but how were we to know that FEDXcc forgot to send him to a-hole school, for primarley thst"s all thats left.

I can remember when Dave got a great applaus at a driver meeting in St. Louis and the vice pres. Jack ? didn"t even get a clap. You could just fell the anomosity in the air and one can imagine what was running through the head of the vice pres.. I heard later on that some said to the vice pres. that boy thatDave Dallas sur takes good care of his drivers and Jack replyed Yes and sometimes I think he takes too good care of them.
well let us get to the meat. If you are a single driver you will probley die on the vine. And if your ateam you will just make a living, you know one is make a return on your investment.I have never seen a bunch of selfish,inconsiderate bastards gathered in one spot in all my life.
You as a contractor are as disposable as a pamper on a baby"s but. And by the way you are not a contractor you are a company driver with your own truck. You are an empoyee"OOh what a nasty word" EMPLOYEE.
fEDXCC will continue to operate in this grey area till someone takes them to court in regards to Hours of avaiability, where to go , P.U. and del.times and what routes to take, and refusals, and load offers, hoping that the 2nd offer is not the same as the first. Also you are expected to take and partisapate in all discounted load and Canada loads. Hey that"s not in the lease. The lease says one thing but the operating rules they go is different, and that's how they distant themselfs as being considered an"EMPLOYEE'.
I talked to OOIDA the other day and their looking real hard at FEDXcc.
Some of the affilates will not understand what i'm trying to relate to.
If anybody takes any action please put my name with yours at the top of the list.

Respectfully;
Roy Stowers

573 384 5374

Replys welcome/ rs

wagonlady

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I read your letter Ron. I'm :eek: (shocked) that you would say things like that about the GREAT fed x cc company! Hee hee, just kidding ;~) !!! We were with them when things were good & bad. When they were Roberts and then fed x. I was there for 9 yrs b4 we couldn't stomach it anymore.

I really feel for the new people who are hoodwinked into buying a $100,000 or more truck, only to be crushed in their lies. Then they become the disalusioned drivers out there who bad mouth everything and everybody because they were screwed thru no fault of their own.

I would hope that you as well as the fortunate few who didn't lose their shirts, but left before it became critical, will help these unfortunate ones to regain their lives, love of the road, and good attitude by pointing them to good companies. We must always remember though that there is NO perfect company. All have faults, but there are those who do care about their owners and drivers.

I would be more then happy to talk further on this subject, but I don't come here to this forum very often. A better way to communicate is to email me. [email protected] I have been in this business for over 12 yrs. I have a little bit of experience that may help someone. If you know of anyone who you think that is having trouble, please feel free to give them my email address.

I hope to hear from you sometime in the future if there is anything you would like to bat around. :eek:) <[__] have a cup of joe on me !

Dot Sharrah

atomic

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
well i started with fedex on oct 15, 2000 and lost it all just a few weeks ago i agree with you that something must be done my recuter told me i would be making 3000 a week when it was busy and no less then 1700 when it was slow well i was only making around 500 a week when it was all said and done i know it was a bad year but still they should not have put me and so many like me on with the fleet you have to also know i was in service 90+% of the time and was in N.Y.C. which is a hot area if you like running 200$ loads that take all day the best part is i have my recuter on tape telling me all about the high dollar dream world im going to living in i went to a layer and the tape is worth nonthing however if we all can stick togather he would be more then happy to bring a class action law suit aguast them feel free to call me or e-mail 917-495-9531 [email protected] good luck michael