fed x

creekindian33

Expert Expediter
for custom drivers that say thay r making no less then a dollar ninty a mile that r doing government loads an such what kind of back ground do u have to have for these tipe of loads

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
I'm not sure of the rate structure for FedEx CC White Golve Contractors - but with security type loads you will be required to have a background check, most if not all felonies are not accepted.

Lawrence,
Expediters Online.com

T.V. - Why do you think they call it programming?

No, YOU suck. - the mean people

"Americans are benevolently ignorant about Canada, while Canadians are malevolently well informed about the United States." - J. Bartlett Brebner

Te audire no possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure. - I can't hear you. I have a banana in my ear.

Become who you are. - Nietzsche

Whoever coined the phrase "Quiet as a mouse" has never stepped on one.

-----------------------------------------
Thanks For Visiting EO!
[p]
http://www.expeditersonline.com/hotnews/sterling_eo_forum.jpg

Please Help Us Get The Word
Out About Expediters Online.com!

-----------------------------------------

Special K

Expert Expediter
I waited, thinking a FedEx recruiter would answer your question, but since not, here's a little more info. I believe it's safe to say that most, if not all, of those loads are done by the White Glove division. (Not all of the White Glove trucks are "reefers".) One of the requirements for White Glove is that "you must be willing to apply for government(Dept. of Defense/DOD)security clearance." That involves a very comprehensive many-paged application which goes back 10 yrs for several things, and fingerprinting (you get a card for that with the application, and take it to your local police or sheriff's dept.) You also take Nuclear and Explosives training, a one-day training session held at the headquarters.
Hope that answers your question.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
>for custom drivers that say thay r making no less then a
>dollar ninty a mile that r doing government loads an such
>what kind of back ground do u have to have for these tipe of
>loads

I'm not sure where you got your $1.90 per mile figure, but I would not bank on it by any means. Don't talk about pay per mile. Talk about gross and net income per month.

We've hauled loads that paid over $100 a mile (That's right, hundred, no typo). But the number means little since such loads are very short (five miles in one case) and seldom happen.

We've been paid to haul absolutely nothing on our truck but earned good money per mile doing it. We were called in to help another team unload its freight.

We've seen our pay per loaded mile start at one level and later increase by the hour as we sat still and watched the detention time clock tick by.

We've seen our pay per mile increase at the delivery because additional services had to be provided that were not in the original offer.

We've seen offers that paid say $1.25 a mile for all miles (including deadhead), but would have paid over $2.00 a mile had we been closer to the pickup.

My point is, the pay-per-loaded mile mentality can do more harm than good in expediting. Whatever people say the pay-per-loaded mile will be if you enter the industry, you have no idea how many loaded miles you will get or what other factors may apply.

The pay-per-loaded mile is not a meaningless number, but it should not be considered alone. Numbers like pay per mile for ALL miles and cost per mile for ALL miles must also be known. Note that these numbers vary dramatically with truck type, condition, and even the location of your home and how often you go there.

Regardless of carrier type and rate structure, expediter wannabees should have a good idea of what kind of monthly gross and net income to expect for the kind of truck they intend to drive and the kind of work they intend to perform.