FED EX Ground?

timberland

Seasoned Expediter
Any contacts here? I would like to buy a van or straight truck to start. I have a CDL A, excellent driving record with no tickets or accidents, actually have kept my CDL renewed for about 25 years while owning my own construction company. With construction in the tank, I'm looking to start another business and grow it like I had my construction business. My goal would be to start with a van and expand that into multiple vans and straight trucks. Any Fed Ex Ground routes "for sale" in the Jackson Michigan area, I'm interested in speaking with you.

I spoke to a Fed Ed CC recruiter and was told they will be adding vans late spring. Is CC as stable for delivery's as Ground?

I spoke to a CC van owner and he suggested this site for Q&A. Thanks guys, looking forward to your reply's.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
First, welcome to the forums. I moved your post the the Newbie section, it fits there better.

I can't help you with Ground or Cargo vans. My wife and I drive a straight, temp control truck, with FDCC.

Take some time, read, read and then read some more. I have little doubt that someone here can answer your questions or at least lead you in the right direction.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Yes , purchase a route and it's trucks. Or a recruiter's number that is with Fed Ex Ground.

We are leased to FedEx Custom Critical. One thing that we notice is the divisions of FedEx do not work together we all go our separate ways and do our own thing.

We use their terminals when directed to perform a transfer of freight and for us that does not happen often. When we are going to transfer the freight we are given directions to the terminals as we do not know where they are.

This site will give you lots of information about expediting and give you the ability to compare the expedite companies. This site will not be the best for comparing the divisions of FedEx.

timberland

Seasoned Expediter
Bob,....Any advise about Fed Ex CC you would be willing to share? Do you have a tractor, straight or van? Approximately how many days a week are you on the road in a given week? Are your loads profitable? ...without prying into your personal what kind of dollar range to the truck can I expect in a tractor, straight or van per week / yr?? Your feeling on Fed Ex CC recruiters--- honest guys or like a military recruiter, meaning do they tell a guy what he want's to hear?? Thank you for your assistance.

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
I know one man who has a Ford van leased to Fed Ex. I know he's been there for what seems like forever. I think it's the only company he's expedited for. His wife lives in a nice home with out him because he's never there. She drives a nice minivan, he has an old p/up. The p/up stay's in the same place all the time because he's never home to drive it. They also have a pontoon boat, why? I don't know they never seem to float it.
Welcome to Expediting. :D

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Bob,....Any advise about Fed Ex CC you would be willing to share? Do you have a tractor, straight or van? Approximately how many days a week are you on the road in a given week? Are your loads profitable? ...without prying into your personal what kind of dollar range to the truck can I expect in a tractor, straight or van per week / yr?? Your feeling on Fed Ex CC recruiters--- honest guys or like a military recruiter, meaning do they tell a guy what he want's to hear?? Thank you for your assistance.

Days at a time? How about months at a time? We stay out from 6 weeks to 2 1/2 months. We are a straight D truck non reefer. We are profitable as this is our only source of income and we do not plan on retiring soon. We work with Marc Hodges at FCC and he has always been good with us.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Timberland, you are aware ground is pretty much home every night after running a fixed route and custom critical is anywhere in the U.S. or Canada bouncing point to point to point ad infinitum, as already mentioned, for weeks or months at a time?

timberland

Seasoned Expediter
Timberland, you are aware ground is pretty much home every night after running a fixed route and custom critical is anywhere in the U.S. or Canada bouncing point to point to point ad infinitum, as already mentioned, for weeks or months at a time?

Yes sir I am, that was the reason for my original question. I'm looking for a recruiter's name and phone number for the Jackson Michigan area. Anyone???

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Custom Critical recruiters are only based on either owner-operator or fleet driver categories not geographic locations. I don't know anything about ground recruiting.

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
Go to the your local ground office and talk to them, you will need to talk to the terminal manager there anyways. Hopefully it will be close to your house as you will be going there very early in the morning and returning well after 6 or 7.
expect 12 hour days to be the norm

bojomoko

Seasoned Expediter
I am a fedex ground multiple route contractor. I can help you with any questions you have about the ground devision.

bojomoko

Seasoned Expediter
Dakota is right.

You will get there at 6:30 leave at 7:30. Work smart and fast and you'll finish your route around 5:30. You'll always have weekends off and you'll be home every night for a hot meal and a shower. Gross revenue for routes range from 80000 to $147000. You are required to be 100% perfect everyday. No excuses and Zero failures. If you are sick you'll have to find someone to cover your route otherwise you can't take off. If you Abandon your route they will terminate your contract. That's pretty much everything in a nutshell.