Favorite/least favorite truck you ever drove

Deville

Not a Member
After watching the video about the Volvo it got me thinking about the trucks I have driven over the years. What type of trucks did you prefer driving over the others.

My Favorites are the Freighliner FL series, The class 7-8 versions were very nice tons of power if the 3126 is turned up or with a class 8 engine sloping nose big cab, big winshield lot's of visabiltly.

Mitusbishi Fuso, I have rented them for a long stretchs of time & not only was it the most comfortable cabover I ever drove it was very powerful & had a sweet transmission.

UD's I owned a couple of them. My 1600 was my favorite, quite 6 cyl motor, decent power exceelent reliablitly & visabiltly, terrible harsh ride on long trips.

Kenworth, Never owned one but drove a couple with a 300hp 3126 motor, I liked the layout the sloped nose & the old school interior look. Could be my next truck.

Sterling, I'm not sure if they make them anymore. My buddy owned a couple of them in tractor version. I never drove it but it had the most car like interior similar to a Ford & i liked the look of them. The Nose was had a striaght one look, but has a nice enough angle to it that it'd not intrusive, combined with the way the winshield is setup the visabilitly is very good.

My least favorite, I dislike driving anything with a nose & a narrow winsheid. I really loathed the old International DT series. I hated the interior, I hated the dash layout, hated the striaght nose.

Peterbilt, hate the long narrow nose, placement of mirrors & the narrow winsheild.Loved the power.

Drove an old school Mack when I worked for Airborne Express, maybe it was because it was old but the truck sucked!

I learned how to drive on a old 81' Ford 27 ft gasser. Low bench seat, high straight nose made it looked like I was looking over the horizon, split rear, air/hyrdrolic brake combo, only half the power steering worked. Hell on wheels.

JimF51

Seasoned Expediter
Favorite was a Mack R I drove for a small company. Would cruise fine at almost any weight, even up hills. Worst was '09 Volvo I was in with a trainer, when I went back on road in early '10. It rattled more that my current '04 FL M2, and road like a brick :)

BigCat

Expert Expediter
I drove mayfield express's t2000 straight truck. Very nice,10 speed and always thought it was a bobtail even when running fully loaded.

Drove 2008 Freightliner century class s/t at prime inc. It lacked power and road like crap. Very noisy too.

Currently driving a 2007 volvo vnl 640. It's automatic I shift. Rides good,quiet, and at 65 it cruises at 1250-1300 rpm. Great fuel mileage and has no problem pulling a 48000 pound load of steel through any of the mountains I've driven it through this far.