fast card.....why??

greg334

Veteran Expediter
See this is what happens when you allow a department to become a all in one stop shop - Homeland security.

Since their inception, we have had how many different ways to get things into this country?

The sad thing is that not one of them is clearly planned or executed.

I like the idea that we need to us a passport to cross but the lazy people among us complained and now we have an enhanced license now being offered to the invasion personal from Mexico, South America and the Middle East. They now have the credentials to act like US citizens without actually going through the legal process.

P51bombay

Expert Expediter
I like the idea that we need to us a passport to cross but the lazy people among us complained and now we have an enhanced license now being offered to the invasion personal from Mexico, South America and the Middle East. They now have the credentials to act like US citizens without actually going through the legal process.

Those are only available to those who can prove US citizenship - this is a good thing.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Those are only available to those who can prove US citizenship - this is a good thing.

My name is Saul Wineberg, I have a SS card, a birth certificate, all kinds of bills in my name and even a mortgage in my name but I have a heavy Spanish accent and my English isn't very good AND I need to get an enhanced license.

You think I am kidding? this actually happened when I was getting my license renewed, they actually started to process everything for the guy because all of his documentation in order but someone complained to the manager and he stopped it. Did they call the feds? Nope they just told the guy he is only allowed to get a regular license. I have no doubt that this has been happening more often than not and the need for an enhanced license is superficial at best when we have a passport system.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
They had it right the first time....Passport is the way to go...but they floundered with political pressure and created another level that means absolutely nothing....a waste of time and tax payers money and our money on something still NOT effect.

P51bombay

Expert Expediter
My name is Saul Wineberg, I have a SS card, a birth certificate, all kinds of bills in my name and even a mortgage in my name but I have a heavy Spanish accent and my English isn't very good AND I need to get an enhanced license.

You think I am kidding? this actually happened when I was getting my license renewed, they actually started to process everything for the guy because all of his documentation in order but someone complained to the manager and he stopped it. Did they call the feds? Nope they just told the guy he is only allowed to get a regular license. I have no doubt that this has been happening more often than not and the need for an enhanced license is superficial at best when we have a passport system.

That's funny but I suppose not that surprising considering the intelligence of some DMV personel - there is an interview process before you get one, in theory they would have caught it then......................one would hope.

springrivergroup

Seasoned Expediter
Make sure you read the fine print that came with the fast card. When you get a fast card you agree by getting it that what ever they do at the border you have already agreed to and cant protest or ask for a review or sue in court over even it they take your truck because of no reason and lock you up for years, YOU AGREED TO IT WHEN YOU GOT A FAST CARD. Its all in black and white on the forms, and letter that invited you to the "interview" at the border office. DID YOU READ THAT ONE.

theoldprof

Veteran Expediter
Got my FAST card renewal a couple weeks ago. Some of the info wasn't correct when I got the first one, and it wasn't correct on the renewel. Luckily my shredder has a port for plastic cards. When I crossed I handed the guard the papers he/she wanted, and ONLY the requested papers. Had my passport at the ready to be handed if requested. I think I had to produce my drivers license a couple times.

warlordblee

Seasoned Expediter
The Enhanced License is available for border States. My wife and I are getting the Enhanced License to visit friends in Toronto, the Enhanced License is much cheaper and easier to get than a passport for those of us in States that border Canada.