Explosives on the NJ Turnpike

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
We've been expediting since 2005 and still don't know the answer to this! :confused:
Are explosives allowed on the NJ Turnpike? I can't find any information on any of the websites and even our Safety Dept couldn't give us a direct answer, so I figured I'd ask the "professionals" ;)

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Have you called the Turnpike Authority? Could your safety department not do the same?

The topic is discussed in the Turnpike regulations (§ 19:9-1.15 Transportation of hazardous materials). I will leave it to your carrier's HAZMAT geeks to interpret them regarding your specific case.

Last edited:

zorry

Veteran Expediter
It's sad that your safety dept can't give you an answer. I notice you're with a very large carrier .

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
Have you called the Turnpike Authority? Could your safety department not do the same?

The topic is discussed in the Turnpike regulations (§ 19:9-1.15 Transportation of hazardous materials). I will leave it to your carrier's HAZMAT geeks to interpret them regarding your specific case.

I read that, and was more confused than ever LOL I was thinking we had called the Authority in the past, but maybe not.