explain how this is fair

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I believe on vans it changed March 1st. It only applies to new contracts which is your case even though you have been there for awhile. Not sure if they would make an exception or not?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I believe on vans it changed March 1st. It only applies to new contracts which is your case even though you have been there for awhile. Not sure if they would make an exception or not?

So Dave...is there not a No Canada contract anymore.? Since the .70 is even less....

Zoli

Veteran Expediter
ok . You will have a new contract beewen you and Panther. Every new contract on cargo van is $ 0.7 per mile. I don't why you can not understand. This is the new rule.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Weeding out cargo vans.....7 cents at a time(mile)!! LOL

I don't believe this is a weeding out of cargo vans but more of a taking advantage of the influx of new cargo van drivers willing to sign on for .70/mile.

I also don't believe this phenomenon is unique to cargo vans, just more prevalent.

fastrod

Expert Expediter
And after they get a certain number signed for 70cpm they will start forcing the ones making 77cpm and more to take the lower rate or leave. Notice too how this comes 4 months after fedex lowered there van rate to 85cpm.

Tempest

Seasoned Expediter
It isnt just vans. ST's are $1.10 now with .05 for each upgrade. Ex: team=.05, hazmat=.05 ect. We added a new truck a few weeks ago and had to be reviewed to determine if it would get the same rate as our others or come in at the $1.10. We got the rate but only if truck is team and has hazmat. In the current market, Panther, like many others, can afford to shop around and get the best deal going in trucks, i.e. hazmat, gov cleared ect. There are many trucks looking for a home right now.
As for no canada, there has always been a .05 reduction for not going. This one is based on many factors though and handled case by case.