Expediting to Cruisen on the Motocycle

RoadKing06

Expert Expediter
Just wondering who the Expediters are on here who love to relax when you get home by cruisen on your motorcycle?

What do you ride, how long have you been riding, do you like to go on long trips with the bike, do you ride solo or take the better half with you, Does the better half ride their own?

What is your favorite bike story?

Thought I would change it up a little in here and get to know some better by asking these questions.

We obviously ride an '06 Harley Road King. I (Laura) have my own that is my starter bike, which is an 01 Yamaha V-Star 650. Once the Road King is completely paid for I will be getting a Harley, probably a Fat Boy, not sure yet.

We go on vacation most years with the bikes to a different state every year. We rent a house with 5 other couples and go out on 100 - 150 mile excursions every day. We will be getting a different group of people together for next year. Had a falling out with a sister-in-law this year. Oh Well things happen)

We both have only been riding since 2006. We both really enjoy riding. We would love to be able to take the bike with us on the truck, but isn't feasable.

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
While not a Harley, I drive my loud lowered Volkswagen Beetle to unwind, nothing like the sound of an aircooled VW, music to my ears:D

ErieBigDawg

Seasoned Expediter
I ride my 2010 Ultra Classic TriGlide Harley Trike.
a6898e44-46e6-369d.jpg

Been riding since 1973...nothing but Harleys!

Wife just started riding with me Father's Day of 2010. Been married since 1979 and she would not ride a two-wheel m/c.

Ride alone and together! I like long trips, but wife likes 80-100 mile rides.

September 13 of 2009 I got rear-ended by a motorcycle(retired police motor cop) going 40-45 MPH. Bad day was had by all involved. Guy that hit me suffered the most...life flighted and 5 weeks in hospital. I was taken by ambulance, treated and released!

Be careful out there!!

Dave Martin
144" Sprinter

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
I ride my 2010 Ultra Classic TriGlide Harley Trike.
a6898e44-46e6-369d.jpg

Been riding since 1973...nothing but Harleys!

Wife just started riding with me Father's Day of 2010. Been married since 1979 and she would not ride a two-wheel m/c.

Ride alone and together! I like long trips, but wife likes 80-100 mile rides.

September 13 of 2009 I got rear-ended by a motorcycle(retired police motor cop) going 40-45 MPH. Bad day was had by all involved. Guy that hit me suffered the most...life flighted and 5 weeks in hospital. I was taken by ambulance, treated and released!

Be careful out there!!

Dave Martin
144" Sprinter

Nice trike, if I ever got a motorcycle it would be a trike!!!

RoadKing06

Expert Expediter
Nice trike, glad you recovered from the accident. Hope the other guy recovered ok as well.

Tracy and I are looking to go on vacation next summer to possibly ride Tail of the Dragon in TN.

Does anyone know of any other great places to ride?

Last edited:

NorthernBill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
We are not expediting yet, keeping the dream alive buy reading on this fine site, thanks to everyone involved. My wife and I ride a 08 road king with the tour pack. Longest trip was Seattle to San Felipe, and back to Seattle, 4800 miles, stayed in motels, 540 miles was the most in one day. We hope to stage the bike in different parts of the country when we get on the road. Alaska scenery is great from a bike.

RoadKing06

Expert Expediter
I think Alaska would be Tracy's ultimate ride. He really wants to go to Alaska some day.

Welcome Northern Bill!

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App