Expediters NOT welcomed

Heffard

Seasoned Expediter
Made a delivery near Fort Wayne, Indiana. Looked in my truck stop directory to find the nearest truckstop to fax paperwork and sleep. Drove to Fort Wayne Truck Plaza at 3037 Goshen Road. As I drive into the facility was a sign "NO EXPEDITERS".

Just thought I would share this with everyone!!!.

Attachments

• 100_1944.jpg
    100_1944.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 86

letzrockexpress

Veteran Expediter
Made a delivery near Fort Wayne, Indiana. Looked in my truck stop directory to find the nearest truckstop to fax paperwork and sleep. Drove to Fort Wayne Truck Plaza at 3037 Goshen Road. As I drive into the facility was a sign "NO EXPEDITERS".

Just thought I would share this with everyone!!!.

That sign is at the the Mcdonald's next door, not at the Ft. Wayne truck stop. There is a specified parking area for expediters inside the concrete barriers in the back lot.

Heffard

Seasoned Expediter
I thought about after I posted and moved on down the road. They probably had an area they wanted expediters to park. I was just in a bad mood and it struck me the wrong way. My apologies to Fort Wayne Truck Stop.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Yep..some of us refer to it as the "Bull Pen"....surrounded by concrete barriers...:D
If you've been with Panther long enough, you refer to it as a different kind of "pen". :D

playpen.jpg

dhalltoyo

Veteran Expediter
Heffard,

On my first visit there, I thought the very same as you.

The truck stop manager came outside and told me he needed the parking on that side for the restaurant inside the truck stop.

He was very polite and directed me to the next driveway and to the area provided for vans.

Last edited:

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
I saw the sign, drove around back, determined that that place sucks and found a wall mart and was a happy camper, we dont have to stay at truck stops u know.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
They need a serious remodel on the FW Truck Stop

short of tearing it down to the foundation..it is a very old building...they have kept what they have in pretty good condition "considering" the age. And the staff is pretty friendly and accommodating...

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
The improvements FWTS made was when they heard FJ was coming to town.The city of New Haven nixed that. Maybe we need to start a rumor that TA or someone else is coming.

allborders

Seasoned Expediter
I was at the FW truckstop last weekend and noticed the signs (was going in on the restaurant side). I think they posted the signs in the small car-customer lot to keep expediters from clogging it up. Although, I seen two expedited carriers in there anyway (REBELS! :D )

10 years ago that place used to be quite a hole.. then they remodeled it (the store side). Back then they had "RESTAURANT" mis-spelled on their roadside sign. It was missing the "U".... but after it was brought to their attention, they plastered a big vinyl "U" underneath the "T" and the "A" and it stayed that way for years :D

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've only been there once about 10 years ago,didn't like the looks of that place,so I just went back to Toledo and stayed there. I've also heard that it's part of the All-Types Expediting Family so I would never stop there to give Stewie any of my money.