Expedite Dispatch

wimpy007

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
US Army
Their a too many so call freight brokers (pond scum) who think they can skim a nice profit off the freight rate. OOIDA said it best "SAY NO TO CHEAP FREIGHT" it may help, I have been insulted to many time by the statement " it get you to the house.

jamesr

Active Expediter
really problem with most rates now days is alot of people getting their own cargo vans and bidding for them self's at a rate that company's generally cant afford to match. Its not the easiest to bid on 5 plus loads for the same driver just to have him call you and say he got it from another company eather but it happens.
I hate to see it but rates not getting better because their is to much greed when your sitting in tx and you cant get out to save your skin less you run it cheap and you know that broker got if for his normal rate. How much are some of these company's making off you.
their is no loyalty when it comes to brokers and carriers they can say "your on are preferd carrier list" then give it to the next jack off that bids for himself.

"for the one that started this tread i would say sprinters are just money pits and if you want to do this you would be better off letting another company dispatch you but dont enter into a exclusive contract were you have to only run with them"
Why you say they will take all the risk if the customer dont pay so you still get your money and no head ache!

kwexpress

Veteran Expediter
I agree with james about the non-exclusive use contracts but the problem I see with this is when you run for three or 4 companies they are all using sylectus and posting your truck.

does this not create a false supply of trucks in the area that in turn will encourage a dispatch to maybe bid a little less than what they really should. how do you get around that?

or do most dispatchers even look at how many trucks are within a certain area before bidding?

Last edited:

fastrod

Expert Expediter
really problem with most rates now days is alot of people getting their own cargo vans and bidding for them self's at a rate that company's generally cant afford to match.

I'm thinkin that someone with their own cargo van biddin on freight would have their own authority which would make them a carrier. I'm also thinkin that they realized if they cut people like you outta the picture they could bid a little lower and make more money than lettin you bid for them. Only seems to be a problem for people in certain positions.

kwexpress

Veteran Expediter
alot of carriers paying less than eclipse.and I will say the pay from eclipse is a very fast turn around. I have been in this game since 1997 never worked with a carrier before that paid me 3 days from receipt of paperwork.In by tuesday and the money has always been in my bank when I wake friday morning.
So someone knows what they are doing.I am not getting rich off eclipse but I am saying they are worth adding if your working for multiple carriers.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I know cause I talked to the owner of sylectus he said he's been having nothing but problems with them.
I know the owner of Sylectus also. I not good with names, I have a memory problem when it comes to names. I think it starts with a Q. Can you help me out here?

PreacherRich

Seasoned Expediter
dont waist your time eclipse lost there account with sylectus for not paying there bills.I know cause I talked to the owner of sylectus he said he's been having nothing but problems with them.

Can someone replying to a thread be classified as a drive-by poster? Seems like someone is spreading false info...imo

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Can someone replying to a thread be classified as a drive-by poster? Seems like someone is spreading false info...imo
Yes, they can, and often have been classified as a drive-by. In this case, it's clearly a drive-by, but his post, and the person who posted it, is so ridiculous it should be, IMHO, left alone for all to see.

Sylectus is software. It's cloud-based, Web interface transportation management software for hundreds of competing small trucking companies who can collaborate to share thousands of trucks, manage operations, and take better advantage of customer opportunities. It's like Google Docs, or Facebook, only different.

The company that owns Sylectus is Qualcomm. I didn't realize that Qualcomm was a he, though. Obviously, the esteemed soulfly4u knows Mr. Qualcomm far better than I do.

Not having a clue as to something so basic as what Sylectus is, and who owns it, and then trying to use that to slam Eclipse is a clear indication that anything he says with regard to Eclipse is part of the large load of crap that he's full of.

Reactions: SimpleTrucker.com

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I didn't realize that Qualcomm was a he, though. Obviously, the esteemed soulfly4u knows Mr. Qualcomm far better than I do.

Qualcomm, that's it! I knew his name started with a Q. Hugh and his wife Kalya are joint owners of Sylectus. They recently sold off their photographic portrait division, Selectus, to concentrate more on their latest acquisition, Sylectus and of course that satellite thingie they do.

Hugh and Kayla are very nice people. I met them on a beach in San Diego and the next day they took me to a Chargers game. Great seats! Soulfly, next time you talk to Hugh, tell him Moot says hello.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Did the Chargers wear the powder blue uni's? Those are cool.
No, they didn't wear their powder blue jerseys. It was a preseason exhibition game against some team called the Hamilton Tiger-Cats. The Tiger-Cats had a logo/patch thing on their sleeves. Looked like a football coming out of a giant maple leaf. Very strange!