Excersise at truckstops

BigBuzd1

Expert Expediter
I was thinking of a good way to entice some people to to get more of it and an idea popped into my head.
Since most truckstops are not good to walk around at, maybe some of these video games can be taken out and stairsteppers or treadmills put in. As an added extra incentive, every half hour workout is rewarded with a free shower or something like that.
I've had a lot of idle time on my hands since the 12th, having had only 1 load, so I've been coming up with strange ideas.

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
This was tried a few years ago. It was called "The Rolling Gym".They installed exercise equipment at a few Petro's including the one in Knoxville. Unfortunately it never caught on,most drivers would rather get their exercise at the buffet table. But as you said having an incentive to work out might do the trick. They tried to entice the large fleets,JB and Schneider but no one was interested.

BigBuzd1

Expert Expediter
>put a treadmill around the buffet! you have to run to get ur
>food! Now thats an idea!

then you'd have alot of skinny drivers if only for the fact they starved themselves because they didnt want to run.
;)

joebob1_30132

Expert Expediter
>put a treadmill around the buffet! you have to run to get ur
>food! Now thats an idea!
hilarious:7 :7 and true,,,i use my box pretty good .jump rope. stepping on load bars found industial complexes, side roads away from truck stops, walmarts and neighborhoods around them.

aquawarrior7

Expert Expediter
Dont remember where it was but there was this one shooting game with a pad to stand on and you actually had to crouch and duck and like strafe to each side to hide from shots. That game was more exercize than I usually get walking around a parking lot.
Oh and the parking lot may be bad for your health too cause of all those nasty emissions.I know my chest hurts sometimes from it. I would have loved the gym inside of truckstops.

BigBuzd1

Expert Expediter
yea my hubby actually played that one quite a bit, but now he's stuck on the buck hunter.
and you're correct about walking through the parking lots, some are just downright unsafe...and nasty.

bambam

Seasoned Expediter
i ve found an easy way i have an almost 9 month old puppy andwe have to go out atlest 5 tines a day then the night and early potty runs then we have our play time outside when the weather is nice we run play fetch and everyting and even run that is the way i get my exercise ive lost almost 5 pounds

god bless and kepp rolling