EOBR for Solo Drivers

xracer

Seasoned Expediter
As a solo driver I am having alot of issues with the new EOBR. I first thought this is great, no more pens and rulers. But after three months this thing is causing me to lose money. Just wondering who else is having issues with EOBR. Just one example to get this started: I had a load that was to load at 16:30. It was 2 two hours to pickup.(start 14 hr.clock) Got held up at shipper. Got out at 19:30. Got to delevery at 3:30 a.m. Had to turn down a load that that picked up 30 min. away because I was out of hours and was waiting till for the reset. This is just one example. I have dozens.

teamjdw

Expert Expediter
Thats what i was thinking to LOL.How would the above example be any diffrent if running a paper log?Maybe they could get two eobr's?

bluejaybee

Veteran Expediter
I am a solo driver. I don't even know what an EOBR is. And from what you say, I don't believe I need one. I expedite my way and not somebody elses. If you don't like what you have, then change it. If it was costing me money, well, nuff said!

Last edited:

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I had a load that was to load at 16:30. It was 2 two hours to pickup.(start 14 hr.clock) Got held up at shipper. Got out at 19:30. Got to delevery at 3:30 a.m. Had to turn down a load that that picked up 30 min. away because I was out of hours and was waiting till for the reset.

Presuming the 14 hour clock started at 14:30, 2 hours before the 16:30 pickup, the 14 hour clock would have run out at 04:30. It shouldn't have been a problem to go 30 minutes away after an 03:30 delivery and have a half hour to spare. The main thing, as stated, is the eobr won't allow running outside the rules.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Problem is, if delivery wasn't completed in 30 minutes, there wasn't time to make the next pickup.
I think EOBRs are more a threat to the unnecessary delays at the dock than to solo drivers. Solos are always wanted, for the shorter runs that teams don't like to do, but even a short run is threatened by delays at the dock.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
I never used or plan on using the eobr, But I question why cant the 2 hour D/head be run on personell vechicle use,,I understand some of these have a line 5 on the graph just for this reason.(personell vechicle use)

teamjdw

Expert Expediter
I am a solo driver. I don't even know what an EOBR is. And from what you say, I don't believe I need one. I expedite my way and not somebody elses. If you don't like what you have, then change it. If it was costing me money, well, nuff said!

Electronic on board recorder,It's tied into your emcu.Other words no paper logs.Eobr does everything for you,except make coffee!

xracer

Seasoned Expediter
If you don't have EBOR please don't comment. If your a team its not a problem. Forgot to tell you load offer came in at 8:00 am. I am also all about running compliant. OK lets see what to do about this one. Had a delevery at a place that had no place to park. Closest truckstop 20 min away. Clock reset was at 9:00 am Delivery time was 7:00.

teamjdw

Expert Expediter
I never used or plan on using the eobr, But I question why cant the 2 hour D/head be run on personell vechicle use,,I understand some of these have a line 5 on the graph just for this reason.(personell vechicle use)

You would be considerd under load,you would need to log this time.Line 5 allows you to drive 45 minutes from point a to point b ,then back to pointe a.You also need to still have hours available to do the move.

xracer

Seasoned Expediter
I am here for new ideas from other solos. Not looking for remarks from the peanut galley. So far you have give me nothing. Thanks

bluejaybee

Veteran Expediter
I am a solo driver and I gave you something, but you said it was peanuts. My remarks were "If you don't like what you have, look elsewheres". What you are asking is not gonna be doable with EOBR. You play the game or else. Sorry if that isn't what you want to hear.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I am here for new ideas from other solos. Not looking for remarks from the peanut galley. So far you have give me nothing. Thanks

You've got how not to get help on here figured out. This is an open forum, sorry but you cannot pick and choose who comments or how they comment.

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Salted in the shell here.

You got some good advice, if you don't like EOBR go somewhere else.

Maybe if you tell us what you want to hear that would make it easier.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Salted in the shell here.

You got some good advice, if you don't like EOBR go somewhere else.

Maybe if you tell us what you want to hear that would make it easier.

Chocolate covered (unshelled, that is the expensive kind (old movie quote)) Don't like EOBR's? Thank the DOT and a government that just assumes that all drivers log illegal. Write your congressman, for what little good that would do.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Um, if you're not looking for remarks from the peanut 'galley' [sic], why post a question on Goober Central? :confused:
Highway Star, Xiggi, and myself are solos, and the answer is that the EOBR doesn't care what your plans are - work with it, or don't, but you can't change it.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Why thank the DOT? If the company has instituted the EOBR, then it is the company, not the DOT.

BUT here is something from a solo without line 5, it takes a lot of planning to get it right. Turn down the load, adjust the times for the delivery (have done this a bit) or move.