Easy no fuss omelets!

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Found a great way to make omelets that is great for home or on the truck. You can also make several at a time so you can all eat together. You use Ziploc freezer bags and if there are many people have each person write their name on the bag. Then drop two eggs or however many you like into the baggy. Have each person put the ingredients they like into the bag. ham, onions, cheese, bell peppers, mushrooms, hot sauce, what ever you like. Squeeze all the air out of the bag and mix the ingredients up well. Drop the closed bags into boiling water for 13 minutes. Pull the bags out and roll on to your plate. They are also the perfect size to wrap tortillas around. Through away the bags and dump your water and you have cleaned up. We use our rice cooker in the truck to boil the water and cook our omelets.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Thanks, Linder, that's the best recipe I've seen in a long time - especially the cleaning up part, lol. Will be great for when I go home - I'm usually hungry, but don't want to mess up the nice clean kitchen as soon as I walk in the place! ;)

kinilu57

Expert Expediter
I recently bought a rice cooker and can't wait to try this one. Thanks Linda, for sharing. The easy clean-up makes it even more appealling. :9 :9 :9

Cindy and Brian
D6084

Coco

Seasoned Expediter
OK Here's another. Put a crock pot liner in the pot. Place 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, 1 envelope Good Seasons dry Italian Seasoning and a small jar (8oz) pepperochinis including juice. Cook as usual in crock pot. Great over rice. Save left overs for sandwiches. Clean up is a breeze.

This recipewas tested by Team Caffee and won favorable results.

OK who's next?

ihamner

Expert Expediter
Crock Pot Flank steak fajitas – (1/2 lb flank steak, onion, seasons, ½ cup chopped tom.) cook in crock pot 8 hours. Shred meat & mix in crock pot. Serve over tortillas with light cheese and sour cream. We are doing the Dr Phil Weight Loss solution so we use light cheese and sour cream with whole wheat tortillas.

ihamner

Expert Expediter
Oh my goodness!! These are the best omelets EVER! We had them for supper tonight with ham and cheese. They are the perfect size and just outstanding. Clean up is so easy - an extra bonus! Thanks for sharing this awesome recipe!

Staying alive is nice, but you can't do that forever. It's HOW you live the life you have while you have it. ih

Redbird Girl

Seasoned Expediter
That sounds great and the clean up...AHHH

Bought a set of micro cooking stuff @ meyers it is great omelette pan, rice cooker, pizza pan, ect..I think it ran about 14-15 dollars.
And if you spay with cooking spray it all cleans up easy.

Redbird Girl-LIVESTRONG-LIVE LONG:)