Drivers Lounge

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
Loads starting slow this morning. At least in the states I'm watching.
At least we didn't get as much snow as feared.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Loads starting slow this morning. At least in the states I'm watching.
At least we didn't get as much snow as feared.

Loads could start off heavy...I am NOT moving off this sheet of ice and snow....these pick up places could be a nightmare...

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
with this ice if they lose power, they can not generate a BOL and we get screwed....

Carry your generator in. Or run an extension cord out to your power inverter. Unless it's one of the that require linking up to "Mama Base" to generate the load info for the move.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
darn it.....I was speaking to the general condition of a lot of employee break rooms....

Most of which started out looking like the Trailways Bus terminal, with ugly linoleum floors, wobbly tables & mismatched plastic chairs, and a not-very-good cleaning crew.
Give respect, get respect. Most people follow that pretty well - the trick is to catch the ones who don't, and evict them. ;)

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
with this ice if they lose power, they can not generate a BOL and we get screwed....

You're smarter than me: I delivered this morning near St Louis. Stopped for fuel in WV, and had to use the fuel tank cap to chip the ice away from the headlights. [Didn't break them lol] Roads weren't too bad, but parking lots were a nightmare of ice, and my padlock was frozen, even under the tennis ball cover. Hand warmers didn't thaw it enough, [didn't warm my hands, either, must have been duds] so I poured a potful of hot water [from the coffeemaker] over it, and it opened. I've put graphite and Motor Kote in it, what else can I try to keep it from freezing? :confused:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
You're smarter than me: I delivered this morning near St Louis. Stopped for fuel in WV, and had to use the fuel tank cap to chip the ice away from the headlights. [Didn't break them lol] Roads weren't too bad, but parking lots were a nightmare of ice, and my padlock was frozen, even under the tennis ball cover. Hand warmers didn't thaw it enough, [didn't warm my hands, either, must have been duds] so I poured a potful of hot water [from the coffeemaker] over it, and it opened. I've put graphite and Motor Kote in it, what else can I try to keep it from freezing? :confused:

I am worse then an old fuddy duddy...LOL.....I just won't drive in the crap anymore...no need too....besides we get good practice at sitting in good weather in CV's of late....poke poke

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I wish I could sit tight and wait for warmer weather, or a load to where it is, especially because I have Reynaud's, which makes my immune system shut down circulation to fingers & toes when they get cold [so far it's always come back, lol] and for reasons unknown, it seems to think cold is a threat, and pumps histamines to flush it out, so my nose runs nonstop. And I get frequent attacks of the sneezles, [sneezing more than 5 times in a row] And my hair is so full of static I can't even brush it - aaarrrrgg!
Did I mention I hate cold weather?
But I hate the idea of changing my phone number to avoid bill collectors, so I have to work. ;)

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I am worse then an old fuddy duddy...LOL.....I just won't drive in the crap anymore...no need too....besides we get good practice at sitting in good weather in CV's of late....poke poke

I think I'm becoming a junior fuddy duddy :rolleyes: