Drivers Destroy New Truck!!!

Yesteryear

Expert Expediter
I just do not understand how drivers can treat someone else's property so poorly!

We drive for the best fleet-owner in the Expedite business, I am sure there are other awesome fleet-owners but I really feel ours is the best! He goes out of his way to make sure we drivers are comfortable and have everything we need out here on the road.

He gives us the best trucks with all the luxuries including Sirrus radios, in-motion TV with 169 channels, every luxury imaginable, and our fleets are one of the best paid on the road with total honesty in pay! He is always striving to make it better and easier on us drivers! You cannot get a better fleet-owner. However, some unscrupulous drivers feel the need to absolutely destroy his beautiful new trucks! Don't these people have self-respect for themselves or for others anymore! Drivers ditching trucks, causing the owners to have to retrieve them from thousand of miles away, returning these awesome new trucks with broken filthy sleepers and thousands of dollars of damage! Shame on you! This is why we drivers get a bad image in the trucking industry! Why can't drivers and owners treat each other with respect!

A driver should always treat a fleet-owners truck just as they would want the truck to be treated if they were the trucks owner! You would not want someone to destroy your property so do not destroy theirs! Personally I think these truck-owners should hold a driver accountable for their behavior take them to court and make them pay for the damage they are causing!

To the drivers that are doing this . . . SHAME ON YOU!

ATeam

Retired Expediter
A fleet owner once moved us from one of his trucks into another. A few short months later, we happened to be in our motor carrier's parking lot with a bunch of other trucks for a multi-day meeting. The truck we left behind was also there but we did not realize it until we met the co-drivers. The truck we drove for a number of months had been so neglected and so trashed by the next team that we did not even recognize it, though we walked past it several times.

The life of a fleet owner is no easy life. You entrust people with a major asset and it's a gamble that does not always pay off.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I don't get it! What is wrong with these people!

When I'm in possession of someone else's property, i treat it better than if it was mine.

Kind of makes me wonder what their homes look like.

Last edited:

Perioodic

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I don't get it! What is wrong with these people!

When I'm in possession of someone else's property, treat it better than if it was mine.

Kind of makes me wonder what their homes look like.

I'm sure their homes look great, considering it's theirs. Some people just don't care for other people's stuff.

tknight

Veteran Expediter
If it was anything like the pics I posted last year of the truck I took back from the juggalos, their house is a mess as well !

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
I wanted to have a fleet of trucks when I started with Roberts express , but after seeing what happen to couple of owners trucks, decide one truck with fun. 2 or more would not be fun
you buy a truck for some one to drive and trash they it on you, in one case they left truck some where and said find it,
and they wanted him to give ref to someone to drive one of there trucks after trashing one of his

Dallen323

Seasoned Expediter
Driver
The Fleet owner we work for takes out a 250 dollar escrow per driver at 25 dollars a week. when you turn in your truck in good shape. you get your escrow back. Its an incentive to take care of the truck.

Reactions: T270_Dreamin

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
What I see over the years, is many don't do their due diligence when looking for new hires. Really review past employment and history and look at where they live. Even google earth will give you a clue. If someones house is trashed, there's a sign. Nothing is ever guaranteed, but at least you can minimize the risk. People are always a fleet owners greatest asset. It is never the equipment. Cheaper to leave it parked while you find the right ones.

MikeDamone

Not a Member
Researching
If it was anything like the pics I posted last year of the truck I took back from the juggalos, their house is a mess as well !

Oh dear Lord, you worked a Juggalo event? Was it the gathering of the Jugglaos in Southern IL?

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
Where my dad work at had in his contract that he check out drivers before they were hired. He was head bus mech , they took him ride in there car, if he didn't like .
Way they drove. There car, they didn't drive one of bus. Saved a lot of wear and tear on buses.

tknight

Veteran Expediter
Oh dear Lord, you worked a Juggalo event? Was it the gathering of the Jugglaos in Southern IL?
I'm currently doing it right now the annual gathering of the juggalos in thornville oh I've been dropping gear for the pas 4 days it opens Thursday and as of today Monday there's 1000 here already! Oh fun...ImageUploadedByEO Forums1468895625.474492.jpgjust wait a few days for pictures of the carnage
Major trash all over the place!
8 stages sound and lighting music and strippers 24 hr a day! Most pics I can't post here !

Last edited:

jaxonviking

Expert Expediter
People hand the keys over to drivers they wouldn't rent a house to. And the truck is worth more than many houses!

AnneM

Recruiter
Recruiter
We have each new driver fill out form noting all and any damage before they get in the truck. There is also a $1,000.00 Escrow. Solves all cleanliness issues!

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The Fleet owner we work for takes out a 250 dollar escrow per driver at 25 dollars a week. when you turn in your truck in good shape. you get your escrow back. Its an incentive to take care of the truck.

Also a incentive to leave some kind of notice. I second this idea, drivers hate it.

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
We have each new driver fill out form noting all and any damage before they get in the truck. There is also a $1,000.00 Escrow. Solves all cleanliness issues!

$1000 dollar Escrow from fleet owner to driver? I like the idea... However I've never met a driver who actually had $200-300 start up money in their pockets, so taking $1000 from them would be incomprehensible!