Dont leave home with out IT

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
As owners of a D truck the second most important item we have in the truck is our truck stop guide. Our first item is our laminated commercial carriers atlas and then the truck stop guide. You will use both items constantly. Every day you will use the Truck Stop guide to plan on where to purchase fuel and get your showers. The Truck Stop Guide is available as most truck stops but seems to be the easiest to find at the Pilots. We believe it is one of the items you just cannot leave home without.

rode2rouen

Expert Expediter
No doubt about it, on my run last week and realized I had left my truck stop guide at home!!!

My first stop was to get a replacement. This guide is a "gotta have it" item!!!!!!!

Rex

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Nope that is not the one I mean but that one looks like a good one. We have The National Truck Stop Directory the truckers friend.

dieselphreak2K

Expert Expediter
The Truck stop directory is great. Just be sure to sign up for the onlione updates. We found a Pilot the other day that wasn't in the printed guide.

whitewolf53

Expert Expediter
Already got 3 truck stop guides.
What i want to know is where do i find a
Scalehouse guide ??????
And how to get around them.

Mike

whitewolf 53

HERE LIZARD LIZARD LIZARD
:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p
:9 :9 :9 :9 :9 :9 :9 :9

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
We have 3 guides in the truck and have found stops listed in each of them that aren't listed in the others.
But for ease of use, we use the Pocket Truckstop Guide, because the listings are by state, hwy and exit # as opposed to state/city

BigBusBob

Veteran Expediter
Driver
The truck stop guide is a handy book, another book I use religiously is "The Next Exit" Guide, available at most Flying J's, and some other truckstops as well.

The nice thing about it is that it lists stores, malls, places to eat, some repair centers, Wal-Marts, and other large stores... as well as truck stops.

But, it goes 1 step further, and tells you what is which side of the interstate... north, south, east, west.

That way you can make a better decision on where to park your rig - what's more important for each stop...

Example: do I need to go to Wal-Mart today that's got a McDonald's close by, or do I want to walk the mall and be by a Waffle House where there's a decent T/A or Petro close by?

Both, the truck stop guide and Next Exit Guide are always by the dash of my rigs.

Bob.

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
I have them all and use them all. I very rarley use the Next Exit except for weekends to locate myself to great breakfast restaurants, showers close by, and a sports bar to watch the games at.

I am finding more and more these mini towns that usually are anchored with Lowes or Home Depot offer the best accomidations like a Office Depot and everything else with in a bike ride. I carry a 12 speed bike with me.

I also now have a Hotel Guide book from OOIDA with the new Hotel Discount program I joined.

MDB1

Expert Expediter
>Already got 3 truck stop guides.
>What i want to know is where do i find a
>Scalehouse guide ??????
>And how to get around them.
>
>Mike
>
>whitewolf 53
>
>HERE LIZARD LIZARD LIZARD
>:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p
>:9 :9 :9 :9 :9 :9 :9 :9

You want to know about truck scales and weigh stations?
Try this web site:

http://www.coopsareopen.com/

Good luck.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Fuel Finder, made by the makers of Truck Stop Directory, is basically the same thing but different format. They tell which cards each stop uses, which means I can chuck that useless TCH handbook out the window. TA carries them.

"If I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know." - Kansas

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
The truck stop guide shows them all and Rand McNally truckers version pin points them. How to get around them, some are easy others you must fly over....