Does Anybody Know This Truck?

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
I have to take my comments back after seeing more pictures. There are not enough Stripes to make it look like A Teams.

The truck wash pictures, well that is a nice truck, a very nice truck. To big for me, but I am a bit envious anyway I only have 84 bunk.

And I bet it does not sag either or better not.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
That FX truck is really fine looking. I'd love to see it sometime. Definitely one to watch for.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB, OOIDA Life Member 677319
Owner, Panther trucks 5508, 5509, 5641
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Leo, What was great about the interior of that truck as it was just plain and comfortable! Nothing spectacular just a nice room where you could sit down take your shoes off and stay a spell!

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
The unit is C2282 driven at that time by Dave and Ida of Nashville.
Sleeper is a AB conversion. Box is a 16 footer.
Sorry, picture is sideways.....forgot to flip it.

Davekc
owner
22 years
PantherII
EO moderator

ATeam

Retired Expediter
TeamCaffee,

Do you have more photos of that FedEx truck? I'd love to see them.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
How I wish we did! We of course where in a hurry and those where what I was able to get. I have wished a million times over I would have taken pictures of the inside. If we ever have a super sleeper that layout will be the one. The driver told us he purchased the truck used I believe down in Florida from the couple that owned it. From what he said the sleeper was actually built in Canada but I do not know where.

bigguy1001

Expert Expediter
Yes, I know this truck. It belongs to a fellow named Nunzio, I will leave his last name out of it. He drove for Panther for a couple of years as a solo driver. When his lovely wife retired he built this truck so she could go on the road with him. It is legal, the freight box is 14', every other available inch is sleeper. It was completely custom built. It has two flat screens, a full bath and shower, a washer and dryer, and a very nice security system. I think he can haul around 6000 lbs. It might be more, it's been awhile since I've spoken to him. He was originally from the Buffalo area but now lives in central Kentucky. He is a real nice guy who wanted to make his wife as comfortable as possible as she joined him on the road. Hey Jeff, Lawrence, they would make a nice feature story about how a truck of this type does on revenue, comfort, profit, etc... and they are a pretty interesting couple. Jeff

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Well I know where this truck is right now, in Syracuse looking for a parking spot here at the pilot.

I tried to follow it to say hi to the driver and invite them to check out EO but I was not fast enough. I hoped they would have found one so I could have introduced myself.

Twin Pop USA

Expert Expediter
I think we can squeeze just.. ONE.. more.. sidebox on this truck. Cmon, just ONE more!! Maybe a little one right behind mudflaps!!! Man this truck is cool