Do you have a sleeper in your truck?

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Informal Survey

If so, what size is it? Next time will it be the same size, smaller or larger?

ATeam

Retired Expediter
132" ARI. Great size and features for the two of us (husband/wife team). Would not want smaller but this is our last truck. If we were to buy another truck we'd pobably take this truck's sleeper with us to the new truck. It has held up very well and meets our needs.

Last edited:

usafk9

Veteran Expediter
Informal Survey

If so, what size is it? Next time will it be the same size, smaller or larger?

Actually have two sleepers. They're both doing it right now, in fact. Sometimes, however, they're barkers, a lot of time they're farters, but most often, they're sleepers. One is 54 pounds and I swear is the result of a canine genetic experiment gone real bad, and the other is 94.5 pounds (she's a tad sensitive about it, so I dare not say 95). I'd say definitely next go-round we'll opt for smaller, or not at all. Oh, wait.....another one is a sleeper. She comes from a long line of rather undistinguished Puerto Ricans. Matter of fact, she's in the back doing her Husqvarna imitation right now. So, three. Three sleepers it is. I value my vital organs too much to be proclaiming her size to the general public, so no way I'm giving that up. Suffice it to say that after 16 years, I still find that sleeper really hot. She's the once-in-a-lifetime model sleeper that never needs replacement, given proper maintenance (like splurging for that new bra at Wal-Mart tomorrow like I promised, for example).

If we're talking truck sleepers, we have a 96" Bentz. Next one will probably be larger. And probably an ARI or AA. I've found that both of those outfits pick up the phone and/or call you back when you have questions..........even if you don't own one of their products. A simple thing like that kind of makes me all giddy.

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Ours is the factory 72" sleeper on the Freightliner Columbia. We stay out 3-5 weeks at a time and have been in it for over three years now. More space would be nice but not necessary.

Oatmeal

Active Expediter
Standard FL Columbia Mid roof XT. The perfect size for one person in my opinion and am able to stand up straight, I'm 6'4". In fact after 750,000 miles and 7.5 years, I've concluded that this Columbia is the perfect truck.

EasyDoesIt

Active Expediter
Standard FL Columbia Mid roof XT. The perfect size for one person in my opinion and am able to stand up straight, I'm 6'4". In fact after 750,000 miles and 7.5 years, I've concluded that this Columbia is the perfect truck.[/QUOTE

If you like a Columbia you would probably love the Cascadia. Quiet, powerful (DD13) and plenty of storage.

Oatmeal

Active Expediter
Standard FL Columbia Mid roof XT. The perfect size for one person in my opinion and am able to stand up straight, I'm 6'4". In fact after 750,000 miles and 7.5 years, I've concluded that this Columbia is the perfect truck.[/QUOTE

If you like a Columbia you would probably love the Cascadia. Quiet, powerful (DD13) and plenty of storage.

Yes I probably would. But this truck is as tight as the day I brought it home so I may never get to find out how much the Cascadia improves on it.

Wolverine

Seasoned Expediter
I also have a 72" factory-installed Columbia sleeper - which will soon be replaced by a 100" on the new Cascadia. The smaller was plenty large enough when I ran solo, particularly after I kicked my second (and last) wife to the curb.

My team spends less time in motels than I ever did, and I suspect they will spend even less when the new unit is put into service.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
It's hard to say, because whatever it is, it won't be a brand new truck. Other factors are more important, [automatic transmission, because my knee can't take the clutch action anymore] so the sleeper size will be whatever is on the right truck, when the time comes.
O - this one is an 86 Bentz, and I am very happy with it.
:D