Do most companies have their drivers bid against each other?

thesonofemer

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
So I've been signed on with my first company for about two weeks. I've gotten between 0-3 load offers per day. I'm brand new so I ask them to suggest what my bid should be and then I accept it. I've never gotten a call back that I've won the load. Turns out unless there is a communication issue this company is having their drivers undercut each other. This seems unethical and I have no clue how I'm supposed to win a bid and finally work.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230622-123042_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20230622-123042_Messages.jpg
    453.6 KB · Views: 21

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
So I've been signed on with my first company for about two weeks. I've gotten between 0-3 load offers per day. I'm brand new so I ask them to suggest what my bid should be and then I accept it. I've never gotten a call back that I've won the load. Turns out unless there is a communication issue this company is having their drivers undercut each other. This seems unethical and I have no clue how I'm supposed to win a bid and finally work.
What company is this because that is just a.sshatry

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
It is supposed to be where you wait in a kind of line and first one to come is the first one to get the load if it fits.....then it is just completing against other companies to win the load.

thesonofemer

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
What company is this because that is just a.sshatry
Double Leap

I just got on with a second company but no luck on the first day so I'm worried they are doing the same thing. I found both companies on Indeed.com. The majority of the listings I find say they require Sprinters. I have a 2013 Ford E350 Super Duty Passenger XL and I installed 10ft of etrack with plywood.

Last edited:

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
Double Leap

I just got on with a second company but no luck on the first day so I'm worried they are doing the same thing. I found both companies on Indeed.com. The majority of the listings I find say they require Sprinters. I have a 2013 Ford E350 Super Duty Passenger XL and I installed 10ft of etrack with plywood.
Never heard of them.
Alot of carriers will not take on Van's with windows on the sides like passenger Vans do to secured access....ie window getting broke to steal freight.

OutstateDel

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
The carriers you are signing up with don't have any of their own freight. They are bidding the loads with brokers off Sylectus mainly and possibly MyVirtualFleet. If you don't hear back within about 20 minutes the broker they placed the bid with did not choose them as a carrier to haul the load and therefore you did not win the bid as a driver. You only hear back if you win the load. Freight and rates are way down right now on the spot market.

Reactions: danthewolf00

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Retired for a dozen years so who knows what all has changed. I ran with major carriers, Panther, FedEx and LandStar. There was none of the bidding against each other. They paid what they paid. In theory, when you became available, you went in line. They offered the load to the first in line. If they took it good, otherwise they went down the line until someone took it. You could ask for something extra but no guarantees you'd get it as someone behind you might take it for the base pay. If I was going back out I'd sign with one of them with Load1 added to the list.

thesonofemer

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
The carriers you are signing up with don't have any of their own freight. They are bidding the loads with brokers off Sylectus mainly and possibly MyVirtualFleet. If you don't hear back within about 20 minutes the broker they placed the bid with did not choose them as a carrier to haul the load and therefore you did not win the bid as a driver. You only hear back if you win the load. Freight and rates are way down right now on the spot market.
Any suggestions of where/how to find carriers to work for with their own freight? I've paid for a month of insurance with 0 loads. I'm at the point I'm signing up for sites/apps like Shiply(gotten 1 job so far), GoShare(still waiting for review), Dispatch(just got approved). I'm trying to find work within 500 miles of Houston. (I've read before that "local" work is good money recently)

OutstateDel

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Any suggestions of where/how to find carriers to work for with their own freight? I've paid for a month of insurance with 0 loads. I'm at the point I'm signing up for sites/apps like Shiply(gotten 1 job so far), GoShare(still waiting for review), Dispatch(just got approved). I'm trying to find work within 500 miles of Houston. (I've read before that "local" work is good money recently)
Load1, TriState, V3, Panther, Bolt, BarrettDirectline, C5, etc.. -But many of those are OTR over the road for 2 to 3 weeks at a time.. Most of the expediting apps are just pulling off the spot market.

I've heard Shiply, GoShare, Frayt, and Curri are okay for local.

Hippix is on mainly Sylectus and MyVirtualFleet and they pay in about a week. I'm trying out FastExact as they have access to an additional load board called Ascent on Demand. Good luck. It's a bad freight market currently. Local might serve you better.

thesonofemer

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
Load1, TriState, V3, Panther, Bolt, BarrettDirectline, C5, etc.. -But many of those are OTR over the road for 2 to 3 weeks at a time.. Most of the expediting apps are just pulling off the spot market.

I've heard Shiply, GoShare, Frayt, and Curri are okay for local.

Hippix is on mainly Sylectus and MyVirtualFleet and they pay in about a week. I'm trying out FastExact as they have access to an additional load board called Ascent on Demand. Good luck. It's a bad freight market currently. Local might serve you better.
Thanks for the response, I applied to Hippix but FastExact said they don't allow passenger vans. I've done 2 jobs on Shiply so far but the volume is quite low. I signed up for GoShare but its been almost 2 weeks with my documents/images waiting for review. I tried their chat box and got a generic response that it can take 6-8 weeks to get approved. Curri also waiting on approval I believe. Curri's account page really doesn't explain anything, but I have an email from them saying "Your application is under review."

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
Thanks for the response, I applied to Hippix but FastExact said they don't allow passenger vans. I've done 2 jobs on Shiply so far but the volume is quite low. I signed up for GoShare but its been almost 2 weeks with my documents/images waiting for review. I tried their chat box and got a generic response that it can take 6-8 weeks to get approved. Curri also waiting on approval I believe. Curri's account page really doesn't explain anything, but I have an email from them saying "Your application is under review."
This is why you go with someone like load1.

Reactions: LDB

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Just now on the form homepage the carrier spotlights are on Load1, LandStar and Express-1 (nka XPOLogistics). Any of those 3 are virtually guaranteed to be exponentially better than the fringe outfits you keep coming up with.

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
Just now on the form homepage the carrier spotlights are on Load1, LandStar and Express-1 (nka XPOLogistics). Any of those 3 are virtually guaranteed to be exponentially better than the fringe outfits you keep coming up with.
The problem is that he has a passenger van and most if not all of the top carriers will not take a passenger van. Not to mention that most don't accept vans period at this time.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Reactions: LDB