DMW Expedite out of Nashville ????

BKtour

Active Expediter
Does anyone have any experience with these guys? I've seen several advertisements from them and just looking for any flags I guess.

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
They used to do a lot to Detroit and back,but I haven't seen any of thier trucks in quite sometime.

volunteer 1

Expert Expediter
They pay decent and ontime. If I were looking to sign on with anyone, I would not hesitate. David Windle is the owner and he lives up to his word.

SHARP327

Veteran Expediter
We ran with DMW for about 6 months and yes they are real nice there and at the time the rate
was pretty good.
Having said that I must say...Dave owns trucks and has company drivers which will move no matter
long you've been sitting which I understand 100% why but if you're going broke sitting...well it gets harder to understand as time goes by.

Also it's a lot of one way loads and I kind of got the feeling they were sitting in the office betting
on how long it would take before we started deadheading back to Nashville to try and get another
load.

Nice people yes!....enough money to make you feel good...no!

Your choice.

bluejaybee

Veteran Expediter
We ran with DMW for about 6 months and yes they are real nice there and at the time the rate
was pretty good.
Having said that I must say...Dave owns trucks and has company drivers which will move no matter
long you've been sitting which I understand 100% why but if you're going broke sitting...well it gets harder to understand as time goes by.

Also it's a lot of one way loads and I kind of got the feeling they were sitting in the office betting
on how long it would take before we started deadheading back to Nashville to try and get another
load.

Nice people yes!....enough money to make you feel good...no!

Your choice.

This is the basically the story I got when I asked. If you could hire on as one of their drivers, it would be better money wise for you.

BKtour

Active Expediter
Thanks everyone. These are the kind of responses I was looking for. I'm pre approved with another carrier and have been negotiating on two different used straight trucks but financing has been put on hold for various reasons. DMW's latest add looking for O/O's also stated they are willing to consider lease trucks meaning Ryder, Penske day cab trucks. Trying to crunch the numbers on this to see if it would work on a temporary basis. It obviously comes with added expense going this route. Even though I've worked up good rates on lease trucks, it will end up costing more than a truck payment. Weekly rental plus milage not to mention being a day cab you now have hotel expense and I know full well D.O.T. will check.

I'm itching to get out there but not going to go broke doing it. If the milage is there I think it could work as a short term venture. Certainly not willing to jump head first into this one.

pearlpro

Expert Expediter
I can tell you leasing a truck from Penske or Ryder your going to give up considerable Income to them, and pay mileage fees and a ridiculous deposit, I did this last year for a short term and they raised the rates, then raised the rates, then came back asking for MORE DEPOSIT....If you are forced to do it, and some may, do it for as short term as you can, I will say Penske has some great deals on used trucks, as does Ryder....they will finance you, and provide extended warrantys......Im not sure what truck you want, but there are many different companys with deals, just read the small print and I mean every bit,,,dont assume NOTHING !!!