disibility insurance

truckwife

Expert Expediter
Hello Everyone,I've been trying to find someone that will cover truck drivers on long term disibility and its not looking good.I've found several companys that will cover short term but none long term.Even Ooida only has short term disiblity.Does anyone know of a company that covers long term for drivers.Thanks for any help.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yes, there is long term disability available for drivers. All my insurance and financial planning is handled through Jon Thompson. I've known Jon for about 17 years. He is as good as they come. He can help you with LTD as well as anything else you may need. His number is 713-458-4125.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB, OOIDA 677319
Owner, Panther trucks 5507, 5508, 5509
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
I am getting a couple of quotes this week, one is through Dave Ramsey talk show host, a company that sponsers his radio show, and also from my own Allstate agent who by the way is very knowledgeable, helpfull, and with 18 years in this business has seen about everything. So before someone goes bashing him for not being an expert in one exact field he is an expert in INSURANCE.

With that said, I have a 6 month Disability policy for $68 a month, no physical, no restrictions if I am out 5 days with a doctors note it begins paying $1,200 a month imm. This does not restrict me to just job injury or illness, it covers anything even the flu if I were out for more than a 5 days.

So I will now back this plan up with a one year wait for Long Term Disabilty, the gap will be on my back but will keep my policy affordable. Anything less than 6 months is gona be very expenseive after one year it becomes reasonable, you though must make up that gap so get your ducks (savings in order) and you can rest that if Cancer, Accident happens your life will not be thrown against a brick wall, just shaken up a bit.

By the way does anyone know what the odds are of you being dissabled for at least 6 months, you might be suprised. This is the # one reason for having to file Bankruptcy. Think about whats at risk for not covering ones rear, think S.S. gona help think again.

truckwife

Expert Expediter
Broompilot,the insurance you have now is it with allstate? i'm trying to get a few more quotes.I've got one from state farm here in our hometown.The longterm dis is almost $500.00 a month on me and my husband.believe it or not its twenty dollars higher on me,and i'm a non-smoker and he's a smoker.Go figure that!!Thanks for any reply.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I just talked to my friend Jon this afternoon and he has talked to the company about LTD and it is available. As much as I like listening to Dave Ramsey I'm still suggesting Jon because I've known him personally for many many years and he is an excellent guy to work with.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB, OOIDA 677319
Owner, Panther trucks 5507, 5508, 5509
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

late for dinner

Expert Expediter
I don't know what kinds of workers comp everyone has, but mine is whith the state and it has ltd included. Most everyone might have it and don't know??

truckwife

Expert Expediter
Hey LDB,I called and talk to Jon about LTD,and he ask me the few regular questions and said that he"ll get back with me in a couple of days.Its been over a week and i still havent heard from him.Does it usally take this long to hear back from him? He talked like he was gonna get right on it,not sure what happen.Thanks for any reply.