diggin up bones

wellarmed

Not a Member
I've gone back pages and pages of threads about carriers,there seems to be a lot of good and bad sayed about each carrier.The reason I done this was that I'm not happy with the amount of freight and the miles I'm getting.I know it's slow right now but it seems to be slower here than other carriers.I speak with people I know at other carriers daily and nobody is as slow as we are but our carrier keeps saying it's the economy,yet I've talked to single drivers here that are getting more miles than we are as a team.Our best week so far was 1800 miles and we are use to much better,actualy we have never done so poorly.We take everything they offer us but they never seem to get the good loads they call us about.Most loads that we do get are short runs 400 to 500mi. and wait a day.There just not close enough together to add up.Do I explore other options,have I made a bad choice of carrier,I think I realy need "HELP"with this one,please feel free.:confused:

Scuba

Veteran Expediter
Can't help you much since you didn't say which carrier you are with. What type of truck do you drive etc etc etc

aileron

Expert Expediter
Man, it sounds just like my company. With the difference that I am a solo, and I get <500 miles a week. Stinks.

Desperado

Seasoned Expediter
hey wish i was getting 1800 a week just had my best on for the year 1600 but i'm single but have you noticed and team units moving a head of you

Desperado

Seasoned Expediter
+ how many of them are running real cheap i looked into a carrier a while back and the amount they paid youd have to run 3400 to make about the same as were i'm at running around 1500

pjjjjj

Veteran Expediter
I've gone back pages and pages of threads about carriers,there seems to be a lot of good and bad sayed about each carrier.The reason I done this was that I'm not happy with the amount of freight and the miles I'm getting.I know it's slow right now but it seems to be slower here than other carriers.I speak with people I know at other carriers daily and nobody is as slow as we are but our carrier keeps saying it's the economy,yet I've talked to single drivers here that are getting more miles than we are as a team.Our best week so far was 1800 miles and we are use to much better,actualy we have never done so poorly.We take everything they offer us but they never seem to get the good loads they call us about.Most loads that we do get are short runs 400 to 500mi. and wait a day.There just not close enough together to add up.Do I explore other options,have I made a bad choice of carrier,I think I realy need "HELP"with this one,please feel free.:confused:

You probably didn't make a mistake, everyone is slow. Speak to the people you know you should be speaking to, rather than the people on here. You might get further ahead. Make sure the dispatchers know you are a team, you never know?

PS I had a look at your pics.. was that little Papillon dog I saw in the background of one? And btw.. nice farm ya got there!

Last edited:

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
Well Armed, it is slow everywhere. I don't know how long you've been expediting. There has been a drastic change in freight volume over last 12-18 months. For example, as recently as 2 years ago, I could sit at home and field maybe 3 or 4 load offers each day. Now, it's 3 loads per week.

The weather is improving. The economy isn't.

MentalGiant

Seasoned Expediter
We drive a straight truck, here is a example of miles.

3 Loads 133, 449 and 741 First week of March
4 Loads 538, 1118, 797 and 469 Second week of March
3 Loads 787, 568 and 697 Third week of March

Still waiting for the first Load of the Fourth week in Laredo, TX.

I'm sure its slow every where like everybody is saying.

bludragon13

Seasoned Expediter
Sad to say but looks ok for the way things are going in freight now.Hang in there it will pickup or not.

wellarmed

Not a Member
All the rest of our weeks have been under a thousand miles,I don't see how we can hold on.I got in trouble the last time I put a carriers name on here,we are a team in a 22ft. 33,000gr. S/T been at it almost 4yrs., check out my profile page for carrier,don't want EO mad at me again:rolleyes: