Dicks Sporting stores stops selling modern guns

bobwg

Expert Expediter
Ksdk news Dicks Sporting Goods has stopped selling modern guns and is removing guns from its stores no comment from the chain if this move is permant or just temporary. Also a private equity firm is selling off it s stake in Freedom group which is a group of gun makers including Bushmaster which made the gun that was used in CT shooting. The Discovery channel canceled one of it most popular shows called American Guns. Seems the weak and spine less are running for cover. THe NRA and other gun supporters have been quite on the subject but reports are the NRA is preparing to fight back in the coming days.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
fight back at what?.....a company chooses to run its business as it sees fit....a TV channel does what it sees fit.....now that is also freedom....

bobwg

Expert Expediter
fight back at what?.....a company chooses to run its business as it sees fit....a TV channel does what it sees fit.....now that is also freedom....

They fight to stop the movement for more gun control. and yes a company chooses to run as it sees fit but wow all of sudden they want to run away from guns??? they have the right to run and i have the right to say no business from me

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Modern guns? What the heck is a 'modern gun'? :confused: Semi automatics have been around for OVER 100 years and the basic design for the AR type rifles was was developed in the late 1950's and first fielded by the US Air Force, (those poor zoomies could not handle the recoil of a REAL rifle :p) around 1960. The 5.56X45MM round is really wimpy, a hopped up .22. It is such a wimpy cartridge is it not even legal for hunting deer, or other big game, in several states.

I don't shop at Dick's anyway. It is basically a useless store for wimps who don't hunt, fish or shoot for real!! :p Low quality junk, little selection and they focus on evironmentally damaging things like golf and pink socks for men?!

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
Cheaperthandirt.com has also suspended sale of all firearms for the time being...

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
There has been plenty of times driving down the road that I said to myself or someone riding with me that it,s to bad 7 11 doesn't sell guns. LOL

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We ended up at our local gun shop today, minor problem with a Sig. The place was JUMPING! Customers every where. MANY guns, mostly hand guns, being sold. People are angry, fed up and scared. Scared of the nuts AND even more scared of the government.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Modern guns? What the heck is a 'modern gun'? :confused: Semi automatics have been around for OVER 100 years and the basic design for the AR type rifles was was developed in the late 1950's and first fielded by the US Air Force, (those poor zoomies could not handle the recoil of a REAL rifle :p) around 1960. The 5.56X45MM round is really wimpy, a hopped up .22. It is such a wimpy cartridge is it not even legal for hunting deer, or other big game, in several states.

I don't shop at Dick's anyway. It is basically a useless store for wimps who don't hunt, fish or shoot for real!! :p Low quality junk, little selection and they focus on evironmentally damaging things like golf and pink socks for men?!

U got that right, its a sissy store, no rpgs, no howitzers, no claymores, mercy..lol

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
UPDATE from CheaperThanDirt:

Cheaper Than Dirt! will Resume Online Firearm Sales Pending Policy Changes

Cheaper Than Dirt! recently announced that it was temporarily suspending online sales of firearms pending a review of its order processing and procedures. Well-known for its ability to process and ship orders within 24 hours, online sales have skyrocketed to a point where it may take up to 72 hours for firearms and other items to ship.

"In light of recent events, we believe it is prudent to review our policies and procedures to ensure we can continue to provide the products and firearms our customers demand," said Chief Operations Officer Roberta Wilson. "We will resume online sales once we update our process and continue as we have always done by shipping firearms only to FFL dealers."

Ms. Wilson closed with, "As a long-time supporter of the Second Amendment, we will continue to serve the needs of the firearms community while ensuring our unsurpassed level of quality and customer service."

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
IOW, "HOLY CRAP! Guns are flying off the shelves everywhere else! We have to stay on this bandwagon!"

People know what is coming. Our Constitution is very much under attack. There WILL be unconstitutional laws passed next year in direct violation of the Bill of Rights. In other words, the Constitution WILL die.

It will be FAR harder to remove firearms and ammunition from the homes of the People than to outlaw their sales. The coming black market prices will be MUCH higher. People just making sure they have what they want. Exercising their RIGHTS, while they still have them.

There will be COWARDS that go along with Obama and even obstruct those who make an effort to defend the Constitution. Most who try to defend it will be labeled as 'radicals' or 'mentally ill" Watch for a MAJOR expansion of what constitute a "mental illness" and the steps that a 'concerned government' can take to insure the "safety" of the public. They will say that they have a DUTY to take those people out of the population.

The Dark Ages are nigh.