Deer Hunting

buddy

Seasoned Expediter
Hey Metalgiant this only applies to us OLD folk LOL:), The NRC has expended the use of crossbows for hunting deer to all those who are age "50" and up.

I got a deer on Newyears Day (12 noon) this year.... or should my dodge ram and deer collided... the ram took a major hit $5,000.00 worth, however the deer got the c**p knocked out of him all down the side of my truck..

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Any bets or predictions how the 2009 season will go here in Mich??
I havnt seen a single yearling this year @ my house,,,not saying they aint there but usually the lil ones are all over the fresh mowed grass this time of year..Just aint seeing the yearling's this year..
My opinion,,We are killing way to many does

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
yearling and does a plenty in the southeast part of mich. where im at near ypsilanti.

Seeing more deer in my area than anytime in my life, too bad I don't hunt around here. Just seen two yearling bucks, a "spiker" and a 4 point laying down next to I75 just 2 days ago.

hondaking38

Veteran Expediter
yep,in the ionia area, i havent noticed a decrease at all in the deer population....most of my family of bowhunters are switching to crossbows this year....unfortunatly i spent 5 bills on a compound last fall,so no new bow for me yett..