Heating / Cooling davis instruments air-dryr

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I've had plenty of times with the Espar where I'd pull the window coverings off and have lots of condensation (or when especially cold outside, ice) on the windows. I have the van well insulated with board and canned foam, all covered up with Reflectix and the seams covered with silver foil tape.

When I initially insulated the Sprinter I did not insulate the roof slope above my head, and then I noticed the headliner was getting water stained a little bit and sometimes I'd have water dripping down from the dome light. I figured, "well that can't be good."

I pulled the headliner and 3M Spray Glued some Reflectix over every inch of the metal, sealed all the seams and edges with foil tape, and haven't had any condensation problems up there since.

MikeDamone

Not a Member
Researching
I know a couple people with gas units no issues at all. The air intakes and exhausts are outside so don't see any reason for concern.

Sent from my SM-G925T using EO Forums mobile app

I have a gasoline fired Espar and I'm still alive. I do have an 02/smoke detector mounted over my bed.

Yeah I figured if they were as dangerous as some people were saying they would take them off the market. I cant think of anytime I heard about someone blowing themselves up with one. And ill be getting a smoke/ co2 detector as well.

MikeDamone

Not a Member
Researching
I've had plenty of times with the Espar where I'd pull the window coverings off and have lots of condensation (or when especially cold outside, ice) on the windows. I have the van well insulated with board and canned foam, all covered up with Reflectix and the seams covered with silver foil tape.

When I initially insulated the Sprinter I did not insulate the roof slope above my head, and then I noticed the headliner was getting water stained a little bit and sometimes I'd have water dripping down from the dome light. I figured, "well that can't be good."

I pulled the headliner and 3M Spray Glued some Reflectix over every inch of the metal, sealed all the seams and edges with foil tape, and haven't had any condensation problems up there since.

Ill be sure to keep that in mind. I think im going to go through this winter with the insulation as is, and if issues arise figure something else out. Thanks for all the help guys! I really appreciate it.