Dallas J is a happening place

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
A lot of vans sitting here. Any of y'all in one of these vans? Mine has my name on the side, so I'm easy to spot.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
No, we are near Atlanta but be VERY carefull at that place. The last several times we were there there have been robberies. We steer clear of that "J" now. Layoutshooter

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
We stay out in Terrell Tx now exit 503 on 20...theres a TA..it's CLEAN a big lot for vans and Trucks.....it's only 30 miles east of Dallas...alot nicer.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Thanks OVM, we will check that out next time we are down there. I like the TA fuel discount too!!!! Layoutshooter

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I either stay out on 20 or a few miles down 45 at the new Love's. I'll buy fuel at that T/A on 635 but I'm not brave enough to stay there or the J.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I either stay out on 20 or a few miles down 45 at the new Love's. I'll buy fuel at that T/A on 635 but I'm not brave enough to stay there or the J.

Loves has small lots out front for us vans....tooo crowded.:(

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Neither am I Leo, NO OVM, I don't have that vice. Only vices I have are over-eating, hunting, fishing, and an adult beverage or two when I am not working or in the field. Layoutshooter

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
Well, I stopped here for the free shower and now I'm just too darn lazy to drive anywhere else. A lot of vans here though. Not the place to be. Too much competition.

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member

Never EVER get any sevice at that T?A on 635.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Thanks for the info on the Flying J in Dallas,Tx. I haven't been there in some time. I think I will tell our drivesc to head to the new Loves like Leo does if they are in Dallas. Thanks Leo

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
We stay out in Terrell Tx now exit 503 on 20...theres a TA..it's CLEAN a big lot for vans and Trucks.....it's only 30 miles east of Dallas...alot nicer.

nice place, YES!!

be sure to stop at soul man bbq a couple exits east, 77 i think, fr b fast or any meal. big truck, mid size truck, smll truck parking.

the super 8 axross the road is a clc motel.

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
At the Dallas J, maybe it's different back there with the big trucks, but out in front, it's pretty quiet. Boring, even.

I was gonna head there Friday night after I delivered in Waco, but decided to go to sleep there at the J in Waco. Didn't last long. Early Saturday morning I picked up a load in Dallas and delivered it Monday morning in Nogales. Now I'm in Thousand Palms, headed to LaLaLand.

It's really hot here.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ya know what really turns us off is the constant smell of sewer gases....last week was terrible....and they now charge .31 cents for your own mug of ice!!!!