Curiosity killed Tony!

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I am always seeing posts from members about operating authority. Most members inquire about getting an authority, and I was just wondering how any EO members we have with their own operating authority?

Of the members that do have your own authority, are you operating under it now?

Did you when you first applied for it, but it didn’t work out?

Are you willing to sell your operating authority and recoup some of your money back?

Are you thinking about getting your own operating authority in the near future?

If you have answers to any of these questions but may not want to post it publicly, please send me a private message or an email.

ACE

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I have had my own authority since 2001. Before that I was leased to Fed Ex CC. Happy that I did it. Have 2 vans and a straight truck.

starbryte

Expert Expediter
:you can apply for your own authority online and get it for $300.When you do you will open up a very large can of worms. Your insurance company will become involved (as in showwww me the money) they will need to file bmc -91 ; many companies will not do that. Its about a $2 filing; but in new hamphire my rates for insurance went from 300 a year to $3000. with much less coverage. If your mc filing is rejected you will lose your $300 its not refundable!. THhe complications will grow from there . is it worth it / maybe '; it may give you more credibility and increase your business.

D Green

Expert Expediter
Correct points, Starbryte, but the non-refundable filing fees are disclosed at the FMCSA site, before starting the application. There seems to be a shortage of insurance companies willing to write liability policies extending beyond the 150 mile radius, thus the higher prices.

If you're going to cross state lines in your business, with trucks greater than 10k#, there is no other choice.

Twmaster

Expert Expediter
I had operating authority back untill 1999 or so with the towing/auto transport company I owned. I wonder if I still own that number or if it has been 'retired'.

--
Mike N

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Hi Tony and all:
I have been operating my Expedite Company since 2002, and have
been very happy with the results. As you know an endeavor of this
kind is not for the "Super Jumpy" or, underfunded.

I like yourself, am sure, would sell my equipment, and my
business, IF, the price were right. And, in no way to recoup losses
because, there are none.

I know you have visited, and i'll invite the other readers to
our web site: www.fostertrucking.com