Cube vans

bushrod

Expert Expediter
Dose anybody know of any companys taking on 16ft.cub trucks. I wount to buy one but would like to speak with the company first.

PantherRecrtr

Expert Expediter
Hey guys,
We are able to bring on cube vans as long as they are below 10,000 gross vehicle weight rating. I know we have a couple of cubes out there over 10,000 lbs, but we cannot take any more of them on.

Hope this helps.
PantherRecrtr

merkurfan

Expert Expediter
I assume you treat them as vans?

BTW I'll be at your office tomorrow for orentation, can't wait to get back out on the road again. My van looks so naked with no name on it.

Mileater

Seasoned Expediter
I have been considering a GMC 3500 15' cube van at 10k GVW or a regular 2002 GMC 2500 extended cargo van. The payload of the cube van I'm looking at is 3250 pounds with a nice 15'x 8' flat cargo area, the cargo van is at 2947 pounds payload with room for 3 skids. Still no decision yet. Any comparison on benefits of each at your company would be helpful.

Mileater

Seasoned Expediter
>Hey guys,
>We are able to bring on cube vans as long as they are below
>10,000 gross vehicle weight rating. I know we have a couple
>of cubes out there over 10,000 lbs, but we cannot take any
>more of them on.
>
>Hope this helps.
>PantherRecrtr

Another good question, is the CPM the same for a 15' cube van as a regular cargo van? Weight wise the cube cannot carry anymore than a regular cargo van but for lighter loads it can fit 6-8 skids. Anything more than 2 skids puts it into a C unit, is there any benefit for the extra room?. I'll probably be sacrificing 3-5 MPG on a 15' cube over a regular van, so I'm just wondering if the pay helps to compensate for it. Thanks.