CTX...Good Company to work for?

rvnnbunker

Seasoned Expediter
:cool:I am considering applying for work with CTX because the company I am currently working for isn't getting me enough miles under my wheels. I drive a cargo van...and CTX sounds like a pretty good company to work for, but, I would appreciate any information & experience any of you might have regarding CTX.
:confused:
Thank you in advance for your advice.

Tom

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Rv: you didn't mention whether you are satisfied with your current carrier, except for the lack of miles, but if you are, I'd think very hard about switching. It costs money to change carriers, and if the problem is strictly insufficient miles, you may be jumping from the frying pan into the fire....There seems to be a consensus that van freight is not keeping up with the supply of available vans, whomever you drive for. Of course, if CTX assures you they can provide more miles, and you trust them, then do it - but I'm not getting that impression, from your question.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I would do a search on them as there have been some posts from drivers over the last several months. May want to check the archives as well.
Also, if your in OH, you might want to consider a stop at the expo, as you may bump into some current drivers there. Then, you can make a good assessment.

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
I drive for a Division of CENTRAL TRANSPORT which owns CTX.

Survivial if one does not have a connection inside this company: It is really just another company PROFIT DRIVEN at any costs even if it means it has to come out of the Drivers rear.

Watch your loads and the $ this place is FAMOUS for wanting you to believe thats all they can get (and it usually is) they are gona make there % weather its 1.25 or 1.50 to get more means work on there part and its easier for them to get you to accept the lesser.

Staff has a UNION attitude IT AINT MY PROBLEM this is the same attitude that got Michigan where it is today:

dhalltoyo

Veteran Expediter
Broom,

Are you telling us that some folks are not 100% honest and fair in their business practices?

Surely not!

I am shocked to hear of such things.

All this time I believed everyone would be honest with me, if I am honest with them.

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
Disshonest No, Lazy yes. Union Mentality IT AINT MY JOB. Now my Agent and those in Dearborn office GREAT. I just sent the Dearborn Office Flowers as they always try there very best for me.

Broker Loads STINK the company loads are very Good, but when your stuck ya gotta play the hand that is dealt.