Canada Cross Border Straight Trucks!!

Dynamex

Active Expediter
How come there are no cross border straight trucks in the Detroit, Michigan area looking for work?

greg334

Veteran Expediter
$1.20 a mile?

Seriously?

I think nothing less than $2.50 a mile and 100% of FSC is justified for going into Canada and DH back to the states to be harassed by the US customs' agents. If it is local like Romulus to say Windsor, $500 is the least amount of money that should be offered - no RPM stuff.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
$1.20 per mile, for Canadian runs? That is BEYOND funny! More like a joke. My wheels don't role for that for INSIDE U.S. loads that DON'T have border problems. $1.20 per mile is SUBSTANDARD. Willing to work for that? BE ASHAMED!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
hey now..they'll double you up and pay you a drop charge...:rolleyes:

I spent 5 yrs with that outfit....now Transforce aka TST owns them

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Double up? OK! $5 per mile PLUS FSC!

Aint going to happen,,no FSC on second drop..Like OVM said sometimes just a drop charge is added to 2nd drop even if its 100 miles off route to long haul..Fsc usaully only comes into play on the longest haul when on a double drop.Best ya could hope for is 65% of the short haul with no FSC.
100% (contracted rate) Long haul Plus FSC
65% of 2nd or just a drop charge. (NO FSC on the 2nd)

Last edited:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Aint going to happen,,no FSC on second drop..Like OVM said sometimes just a drop charge is added to 2nd drop even if its 100 miles off route to long haul..Fsc usaully only comes into play on the longest haul when on a double drop.Best ya could hope for is 65% of the short haul with no FSC.
100% (contracted rate) Long haul Plus FSC
65% of 2nd or just a drop charge. (NO FSC on the 2nd)

I was joshin. No way would I work for those rates.

Dynamex

Active Expediter
$1.20 a mile?

Seriously?

I think nothing less than $2.50 a mile and 100% of FSC is justified for going into Canada and DH back to the states to be harassed by the US customs' agents. If it is local like Romulus to say Windsor, $500 is the least amount of money that should be offered - no RPM stuff.

500$ for a 56 mile round trip........i don't know many carriers out there that could offer those rates.

Aside from popular belief Dynamex Expedite based in Cambridge, ON pays owner operators 69% of customer billing + 69% of fsc. This is the rate that has been paid to our Canada based c/b straight truck drivers for years.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
500$ for a 56 mile round trip........i don't know many carriers out there that could offer those rates.

Aside from popular belief Dynamex Expedite based in Cambridge, ON pays owner operators 69% of customer billing + 69% of fsc. This is the rate that has been paid to our Canada based c/b straight truck drivers for years.

That is it? You offer up one example?

I contracted with you guys for over 5 yrs...I know how it goes...
Still doing them nasty Purolator pick ups down here? With the excuse.."at least they cover your fuel to get back to Canada"

paullud

Veteran Expediter

The percentages mean nothing, I'll run all day for 50% of $3/mile before I would 69% of $1/mile.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
The percentages mean nothing, I'll run all day for 50% of $3/mile before I would 69% of $1/mile.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

That and they keep 31% of YOUR fuel money....what is with that?...oh..corporate greed....:rolleyes:

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Thanks Scott....corrected....
Only ONE good thing I can say about them....the pay checks were always on time.....

wombat52

Veteran Expediter

should it not be 100% of fsc where the other 31% just wondering ?

greg334

Veteran Expediter

I do and that's almost what I get for my trips to Windsor and it is a lot less than 56 miles. I think round trip is 45 miles.

When you are asking a owner to tie up their truck for at least three hours, then there should be more compensation than $1.20 a mile and a percentage of FSC is a losing rate.

Not knocking the company you seem to represent, but it seems that maybe there isn't a lot of competition for the trucks and you can charge that lower rate.

Brisco

Expert Expediter
That is it? You offer up one example?

I contracted with you guys for over 5 yrs...I know how it goes...
Still doing them nasty Purolator pick ups down here? With the excuse.."at least they cover your fuel to get back to Canada"

That and they keep 31% of YOUR fuel money....what is with that?...oh..corporate greed....:rolleyes:

Is this the same "Dynamex" that runs ads on Craigslist here in the DFW area EVERY WEEK that promises $1200-$1500 a week pay rates????? (I was going to post the website, but decided not too.... :rolleyes:)

If so.....why can't you guys keep your drivers positions filled down here?? I mean, come on'....If the pay was really in the $1200-$1500 range for local work, why the high turnover rate??? I'd get back out myself doing local stuff IF the pay really was that good.

Truth/Reality is.....1200-1500 MILES a week on the local freeways for a $277.96 paycheck.

You're only paying 69% of the Fuel Surcharge to the Expeditors up North??? That's CHICKENSH........, IMO.:mad:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Is this the same "Dynamex" that runs ads on Craigslist here in the DFW area EVERY WEEK that promises $1200-$1500 a week pay rates????? (I was going to post the website, but decided not too.... :rolleyes:)

If so.....why can't you guys keep your drivers positions filled down here?? I mean, come on'....If the pay was really in the $1200-$1500 range for local work, why the high turnover rate??? I'd get back out myself doing local stuff IF the pay really was that good.

Truth/Reality is.....1200-1500 MILES a week on the local freeways for a $277.96 paycheck.

You're only paying 69% of the Fuel Surcharge to the Expeditors up North??? That's CHICKENSH........, IMO.:mad:

That would be them Brisco....they have offices in nearly every major city....mostly courier division...they've been sold to Transforce..aka TST...