Creating new ID's to flame someone!

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Ok Folks, I am tired of seeing, and deleting posts from people who create a new ID simply to blast a company or another poster. It is against our forum policy, not to mention rude.

IP checking shows that many of these new IDs are current posters who simply don't want to use their real ID. I have a list of many of these.

If you are not confident enough to use your real ID to comment to someone, don't make the comment.

If this does not stop, I will consider 'outing' anyone who does this, by posting the New ID and Old ID as proved by matching IP addresses.

Thank you.

Dreamer
Forums Administrator

--------------

You don't stop laughing because you grow old,

You grow old because you stop laughing.

rode2rouen

Expert Expediter
>
>I will consider 'outing' anyone who
>does this, by posting the New ID and Old ID as proved by
>matching IP addresses.
>
>
>
>Thank you.
>
>Dreamer
>Forums Administrator

You oughta "out" them as a matter of course. Creating a phony ID just to bust someone's chops is so, like, 4th grade.

Rex

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I agree.

It is rather stupid to do this and even more of a dumb idea to create an ID to praise one's self. The latter may not happen here but some forums, it is common practice and gets tiring.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Not often, but it does happen here.

Davekc
owner
22 years
PantherII
EO moderator

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
This is pathetic behavior. I wondered why it seemed there were suddenly a rash of "bashers" and conspiracy theorists posting.

Drive Safe!

Jeff

DannyD II

Seasoned Expediter
>I agree.
>
>It is rather stupid to do this and even more of a dumb idea
>to create an ID to praise one's self. The latter may not
>happen here but some forums, it is common practice and gets
>tiring.

I totally agree. How dumb is that? Making up a name to praise oneself. Oh, by the way as long as I'm here, that DannyD is a heckuva nice guy. A scholar & a gentleman by golly!!!

:+ :+

On a serious note, yea if ya can't own up to who ya are it's kinda chicken chyt to make up another name to rip someone. It's not like there's not enough ananomytity (sp??.. so much for the "scholarly" part from above eh???) w/ our user names as it is. How much more do ya wanna hide when ya throw rocks?

Also, if the moderators wanna delete this post & even this name I'm fine w/ it. Hopefully ya got a smile out of it b4 ya do.

Take care & be safe!!!

Paul56

Seasoned Expediter
I hope you have a script for cross checking the IPs -or- a lot of time on your hands. :)

And, I certainly hope I don't get the boot for expressing my viewpoint politely otherwise there isn't much point to being here.

tec1959

Expert Expediter
Dreamer why wait for posting the addresses and names???? Why not go ahead I'm sure they have wrecked havic already....

Coco

Seasoned Expediter
>I hope you have a script for cross checking the IPs -or- a
>lot of time on your hands. :)
>
>And, I certainly hope I don't get the boot for expressing my
>viewpoint politely otherwise there isn't much point to being
>here.

Expressing your viewpoint politely is totally acceptable and preferred. And, constructive criticism should be accepted by any poster expressing a viewpoint. Everything is debateable.

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
>I hope you have a script for cross checking the IPs -or- a
>lot of time on your hands. :)

We have the means & time!
To go one step further because we know our poster and most of their behavior patterns it is rather simple to go through the list of users we suspect and low-and-behold their IP is a perfect match. I see you just recently joined our forum. Welcome!

>
>And, I certainly hope I don't get the boot for expressing my
>viewpoint politely otherwise there isn't much point to being
>here.

We encourage members to express their views as long as it is done in a professional manner and polite as you stated. What this thread is all about is a certain few (who we know are doing it) are creating multiple user names to bash other members or companies, because they don't have what it take to do it under their known user name. They even do it to give themselves kudos and make them like good in the eyes of the reader because they lack self-esteem and feel the need to be better than others. As the saying goes, He who blames others for incompetence, while praising himself is the one to really blame and is incompetent.
The funny part is some of those doing this claim to being very computer literate or call them experts in the field of computers but don't know we have ways of finding out who it is doing it. Real Experts eh!

I did forget to add
[font color="red" size="10" face="face"]Get rid of them now, don't give anyone caught doing this a second chance.[/font]

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Dale I do not envy you your job!! I agree just get block their posts and them we don't need this. What they are posting is not helpful nor relevant. If they had an honest post they believed in they would post under their own name.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Dreamer,

In life there are diplomats and generals. Both have their place. In forum administration, diplomacy is probably better than command, but when diplomacy ceases to work, generals are called upon to exercise their skills. To your credit, you are showing the patience of a diplomat. But when faced with repeated and clear bad-faith acts, especially after the actors have been warned, no one would fault you for giving someone the boot, excpet perhaps the bootee. The bootee's response would be the predictable freedom-of-speech protests which should fall on deaf ears given the bootee's prior behavior. The bootee's bad-faith-acts negate any appeals to your own good-faith nature or tugs on your values. As with a cop, it is not the cop's fault that the bad actor was arrested; it was the actor's fault, no matter how much the actor may say to convince people otherwise.

mcbride

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Frankly, I find the whole concept of using another screen name peculiar. If I were to have intentions of “flaming†someone, I would want them to know exactly who I was.

-mcbride-
--What goes around comes around--

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
It's been revealed that DannyD and DannyD II are the smae person. Where will this all end? I sure hope greg334 and tallcal aren't one and the same. I would be very disappointed to learn that all those great debates were the product of a single mind.

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I agree,why hide. I would not be timid to say or tell someone what I feel about them or their posts. Dale for what it's worth go get em.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Moot!

What DO YOU MEAN - "I sure hope greg334 and tallcal aren't one and the same."

This brings some sunshine to my horrible weekend.

Thanks for the laugh but NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!

Don't even think that We are the same person!!!

G

I would have to agree. Do the things you feel thats only right Dale.

Thanks

Drive safe

Dave Mayfield
FEDExCC/Roberts Express O/O Since 3/1/1995
C1847,C2045,D3397,D5047

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Greg,

If you and tallcal aren't one and the same then it must be Leo. Yeah he and tallcal are the same person. Sorry for the confusion.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Well, since Dreamer's probably going to tell anyway, I may as well fess up first: there is no such person as Joebob. He's entirely a figment of my imagination.