CRAPPY FRTLNR OWNED DEALERS AND SHOPS

DANMELISSA_FDCC

Expert Expediter
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

Glen Rice

Veteran Expediter
Sorry to hear of your problems with Freigtliner. This type of situation has always been a problem in the industry. I hope you get your money back for lousy service. Your Kenworth sounds like a winning combo. Good luck on your new ride. You certainly deserve a reliable truck and better service facilitys!

Panzer

Expert Expediter
Uh.. Please don't type will all caps. Caps equate to shouting and it's hard on the eyes....:)

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Where did you read about a new KW? It's probably in there and I just couldn't find it BECAUSE OF ALL THE YELLING.

Leo Bricker
OOIDA 677319
truck 4958
73's K5LDB
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

tec1959

Expert Expediter
Leo and Panzer I think DANMELISSA_FDCC Has a right to YELL with all the HECK they when thru,And all the monies spent for NOTHING....Keep on keeping on DANMELISSA_FDCC.....

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Absolutely, and I'd be yelling too at the facility until they did the right thing. Hopefully the attorney will get them straightened out. I just wouldn't post an entire post in yelling. A few highlights like you did emphasizes things well and keeps it much more readable. I hope it has a positive ending.

Leo Bricker
OOIDA 677319
truck 4958
73's K5LDB
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

Panzer

Expert Expediter
>Leo and Panzer I think DANMELISSA_FDCC Has a right to YELL
>with all the HECK they when thru,And all the monies spent
>for NOTHING....Keep on keeping on DANMELISSA_FDCC.....

She does indeed have the right to use all caps. Just as I have the right to have bad manners in public places. I don't excerise that right because it is, well, bad manners. :) If you spend anytime reading fourms, you soon realizes that almost no ones uses all caps in their postings. If you are new to the internet, an excellent source for what is termed "Netiquette" is found here from the Internet RFC/STD/FYI/BCP Archives:

Source: http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1855.html

Which states:

- Use mixed case. UPPER CASE LOOKS AS IF YOU'RE SHOUTING.

What is this archive? Well, quoting the archives: "The Requests for Comments (RFCs) form a series of notes, started in 1969, about the Internet (originally the ARPANET). The notes discuss many aspects of computer communication, focusing on networking protocols, procedures, programs, and concepts but also including meeting notes, opinion, and sometimes humor. For more information on the history of the RFC series, see "30 Years of RFCs". The early RFCs include a trove of history about the early development of computer communication protocols, from which modern Internet technology was derived."

Now, does Danmelissa have a reason to shout? You betcha! And I am glad that she has passed along her information. However, this is the third she post made yesterday with all caps, and it get's tiring on the eyes and is overly done. Caps are best reserved for emphasis, not to shout all the time.

On a side note, the FAQ arhives has a lot of very good information on just about every subject onder the sun, from abuse recovery to zombies. If people on the Internet have been discussing it, then there is probably a FAQ assoicated with it.

Panzer

Expert Expediter
>uh flying saucers are cooool
>Kitty Litter and Ms Puss

Santa Claus is cool too, but he does not exist... :) (Hope no kid under seven is reading this...)

DANMELISSA_FDCC

Expert Expediter
OMG!!!!! so what if i used all caps, THATS NOT THE POINT!!! its hard on the eyes??? i figured it would be easier to read, or maybe some1 should turn down the brightness on there computer....as far as yelling, i deserve to yell, freightliner of knoxville sux, and they will be deserving of the LAWSUIT. besides, i dont hear any noise from my words in caps or otherwise, unless ya'all have computers with voice to read it to ya.........lol