Cost for Van Wash

tr

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Wondering what others pay. I have paid anywhere $10.00 to $15.00 for a van wash. Some were good, some were bad. This week I got a wash for $10.00 at the Eagle Truck Wash, across from Flying J, in Walton KY (just off I-75). It was a teriffic wash, which included a brush wash, came out spotless. In my opinion $10.00 was well worth it. I will return to their location if they continue this.

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
HI tr,
I found that if you go to the privet washes you not only get a better job but you can barter with them and get a better rate. I pay $10 and/or $12 depending where I take the vans. The Blue Beacon is always more money, about $15 and don't do as good a job. I always check it over before I pay them and if it isn't to my liking I will tell the cashier. Most of the time they have the workers do it over, and also remember you the next time you go back. If the workers do a good job I will give them the ones that washed my van a nice tip, and they too will remember that the next time I go back.

zingfu25

Expert Expediter
I DONT DRIVE VAN, BUT I WAS JUST WONDERING WHY YOU GUYS ARE PAYING 10-15 DOLLARS FOR A WASH JOB THAT YOU AREN'T HAPPY WITH. IT MAKES SENSE TO ME TO GO TO A REGULAR CAR WASH, SPEND 5 DOLLARS MAX AND DO THE JOB TO YOUR OWN LIKING. IM NOT BEING SARCASTIC, I'M JUST WONDERING.

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I use to go to the 25 cent do it your self car wash, and by the time I was done getting all the bugs and tar off the thing I was spending 7 or 8 buck and about 1 or 2hrs. of hard labor. I found that the chemicals they use at the truck wash gets the bugs and tar with out the hard work, and the pressure in their system is a lot stronger. I don't pay them at the wash until I think the wash is OK. The wash at the local service station (brushless) is okay if you keep up with it wekly, but then there goes $32 at the end of the month. I can go to the truck wash about every three/four weeks. I do a good 600 miles a night five nights a week, so there isn't a whole lot of time left over to worry about washing the van. I would much rather be washing mama in the hot tub.

tr

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
If you are refering to a $5.00 car wash that you drive through, try it with a sattelite receiver mounted. Don't work, and if it did, the sattelite would not work when you got to the other end. If I'm home I wash it myself, If you mean the "do it yourself" while on the road I will only do it as a last resort. Don't want to get soaked and then sit in the truck waiting for a load especially when my concern is getting the salt off of it and there is 3 inches of snow on the ground. We aren't lazy, just creative.;-)

SaltySailor

Expert Expediter
I have never been happy about anyone washing my vehicle,no matter what it was.I would take it to either a car wash where they hand wash and wax it,or do it yourself.I wash mine at home,or I take it to a car wash,where I can do it myself, while waiting for a load,especially if I know I am far down on the board.It doesn't take much time and effort,unless you're lazy!!! :7

catfish

Expert Expediter
and when you spend the $10 at a truck wash, you get a receipt. when you spend $7-8 at a self-serve bay, you have to cross your fingers and hope the irs takes your word for it. and if you stay out 2-3-4 weeks at a time and like to wash your van every week (i'm a clean freak) that's a pretty good write-off come tax time. so the difference in cost is a wash. (no pun intended)

msdelaware

Expert Expediter
Most of the time I'm a do-it-yourselfer, in the driveway. But I also do the self wash bays if I can find a cheap one. If you got someone else that wants to get a wash at the same time, you can get it done faster saving money. You help wash mine, I'll help wash your's.HEHEHE If you hang around Haw River the truck wash behind the J is reasonable. $10 for hand wash for vans.