Cop looks at laptop before hitting tree

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Bingo....every officer you pass has that laptop open....pecking away @ it...AS THERE DRIVING! It's best to lead by example...this whole texting/distracted while driving scares the s@#t out of me....I see people just typing away ..swirving all over...hey at least the drunks are trying to drive...

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

chillyhiker

Active Expediter
Yep..every one....its like a qualcom..its how they are dispatched and run record checks

paullud

Veteran Expediter
In NY they have cameras that get your license plate and then a check is run on it. The excuse they use for being able to use their computer, cell phone, and not wear seat belts while the mere mortals can't is they are trained drivers, well so am I.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I once saw a PA State Trooper put his cruiser up on a guard rail in front of my house. He was responding to a traffic accident that took place right in front on my house. One of MANY. All in the winter. HE was driving TOO FAST for the icy road and wrecked and then he wrote a ticket to the woman who lost control on the ice and hit another car head on.

I went to court on this one. Testified for the woman. That road was BAD. There was a drain that put water off the hill ONTO the road. The hill blocked 100% of the sunlight on the road in the winter. I had complained to the State about it on multiple occasions. The fire department had as well.

After I finished in court, the woman won. The got rid of the ticket AND paid her and the other drive TON of money. I don't know what happened to the cop. HE should have been fired.

chillyhiker

Active Expediter
Oh please do tell us why he should be fired........cant wait to hear this one'.....

louixo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Knowing full well mistakes are made by people in every profession, I think cops take it on the chin way to often. I get tired of seeing movies where cops are crashing into each other like a bunch of bumbling morons, and doing the one wheel car into the air over a parked car the way Hollywood likes to portray them, while the fleeing, speeding hero goes flying away and overcoming every obstacle in his path, while doing wheelies and driving out of second story buildings down to the concrete street in a shower of sparks without a seatbelt.
I for one, think cops should be commended for the job they do, all the while having to call some law breaking citizen "sir", put up with verbal abuse, read miranda rights to some dirtbag doper, or some scumbag child molester or other piece of crap offender every day, day in and day out. When they stop an offender in a car, or run into a situation on the street, they never know what they are possibly facing, and if they will be going home that night in one piece. For all the ones that are singled out for ridicule or criticism, there are thousands of others out there doing an outstanding job every day, protecting all of us, and I personally hold them in highest of esteem as a group, just like our military. They do a job I wouldn't want to do, and I think they do it as well as possible under the constraints put on them by the lawyers, judges, and the judicial system. They deserve a round of applause and our respect.