Convection Oven

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
So I am still learning about the convection oven as I forget and use the Rice Cooker for everything.

Yesterday Bob wanted Pork Chops and I wanted to bake them instead of using the rice cooker.

What I didn't want is for them to cook in their grease. Bob came up with the idea of using the metal grill and laying tin foil over it. Next I pushed the tin foil down through the slits and created pockets to collect the grease.

That worked perfect! Bob likes thick pork chops and they were cooked to perfection all of the grease was in the little pockets and the clean up was done is seconds.

Missie600

Active Expediter
I have cooked pork roast on the rack. Grease just ended up on tray below. The roast was great and because it wasn't over greasy the cleanup was easy. I usually cook roasts in crock pot. I use a liner in that so clean up is easy! I have been using some disposable foil pans also.

With convection oven you are supposed to reduce temp by 25 degrees and reduce cooking time by 20%. Of course I always forget that ;)

I am still learning too! Because we have mostly given up all grains I have been experimenting with wheat free cakes, bread and crackers using almond, coconut and chickpea flours and also flax seeds.
Our last trip home I had great success. Occasionally I have to throw away things!