Complaints about the May 1 protest Post

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
I found many intresting comments on this Post. First did anyone ever see my post regarding writing your Senators and Congresman about two months ago? Or to those who did respond see the next paragraph.

Comments not exact quote: You all stated it would do no good, waist of time, excuses and no action etc..

Than I Posted with the Phone # to GWs office. Once again responses from this Forum would do no good waist of time. I can even bring one name into the picture who lives in almost a perfect world at Tax payers expense. Something like the Sarg or General?

Must be nice to live in such a perfect protected world that if ones business suffers and one has over come so many obsticles that one could care less to stand up for his fellow worker. True Patriot or just look'n out for ones own intrest? Sorry to beat up on ya, but I expected much more from someone who demands expertese in all one does. (Many Posts in this regards)

One may have served our country for years and I will say thank for your contribution. But Sir while you obtained a pay check every single week I was SELF EMPLOYED being taxed to death to carry your pay check for you. Yes it was me the working stiff who makes this country continue forward.

We the self employed are at a direct disadvantage to those recieving govt. subsidies (free medical etc.) at our expense. So if the Mexican low cost labor means nothing to you it just might some day when there is not enough of us making a living to pay taxes and your benifits are reduced or cut.

This was and is a fight for all Business People or directly Truck Drivers and Owner Operators. I for one have done my part as caring individual what I wrote about in earlier post. I STOOD UP FOR ALL OF US, MYSELF AND YOU. But so many WHINNED AND CRIED AND MADE #!@!## EXCUSES. To those of you that did whine on here you really make me sick to my stomach, this is an issue that is so close to us and so important and most of us do not give a @^%# like what was explained in the other Post about May 1. And I thank that person for having the guts to say so.

I am just curious, how does our government expect to continue to pay for its services that it so badly wants to if know one is in a high enough tax bracket to continue to pay taxes? (Middle Class)

Example, back in the 30s SS was invented for two reasons, first besides the obvious to keep Dems in office, second was that the older population could retire and put the younger work force into place thus paying for the beni's of those who were now able to retire instead of working until ones death. Thats the way it use to be. Fact look it up, yes it had some to do with the little old lady whos husband died and left her with a mortage and bills but the real honest truth was that millions of young men had no jobs and this would open up a the largest amount of jobs in the shortest amount of time.

Its big Polotics against the small guy. Until the small guy gets up off his but and makes a stink. From most of the responses we all smell like Flowers and not the working Stiff. Enough said?

PS I deserve a ton of crap, and I am ready for it I will not be responding cause I guess I deserve to be just like majority and not care what happens to you, and only my own success.

Robsdad

Seasoned Expediter
There will not be a ton of crap here. I do not care about being politically correct. Illegal immigrants need to be deported. Mexican trucks need to stay in Mexico. George Bush needs to be impeached if he cannot listen to the very base that elected him that want the illegals deported. The Democrats need to listen to the people of this country and get on board or get voted out of office. I want my country back. By the way Broom I wrote both my sentators and my representative.
God Bless the USA

fortwayne

Not a Member
Broompilot -

Congrats on doing your part!
But, many on this site may do their part in silence - not posting their participation or part on this board, which is fine.
So maybe instead of being so harsh on those you are trying to rally up for the matter at hand - you and I and many alike need to unite one another, bring us together as a group as a profession to stand up against the restrictions our government is trying to impose on us along with the flood of Mexican trucks to hit our highways. Sure that flood has now been set aside for at least 30-days, but unless we unite together as a profession it is only a delay before the flood gates are opened back up!
This industry is facing the toughest times in its' history, along with competition within our borders, higher fuel cost, higher insurance cost, increasing government regulations, the days, weeks, months and years ahead are going to be tough.
However, if we ALL participate in the critical issues that face this industry - which afterall we are all individual business owners in this industry at one level or another we can recover, stablize and even flourish in the years ahead.
But, it will take sacrifice and the dedication to participate in political conversation with our legislators in our state capitals and in DC for anything to change. We must be willing to stand up and be heard - and if they are not willing to listen we must work together to find corrective actions where they will listen!

Fort Wayne
Stop The Mexican Truckers!

Luckyman735

Seasoned Expediter
Broompilot, while I agree for the most part about what you say, I sense a little resentment for those of us that receive "subsidies" from the gov't (free medical). I receive these "subsidies" from the gov't. I, however, prefer to call them entitlements. I was promised free medical for me and my family if I would stay in the military and serve for 20 yrs. I did, for 25+ yrs. While you were struggling to earn a paycheck as a self-employed whatever, I was struggling to keep my head above water at a pittance of what you probably were making. I did this for any number of reasons, one of which was the promise of a comfortable retirement and certain entitlements/"subsidies". Of the 25+ yrs I spen on active duty, 14 were spent overseas, some in remote, backward places without my family. (Not to mention 2 tours of duty in Vietnam). No one twisted my arm or held a gun to my head. I did it willingly. Just, as I suspect, you did when you made the choice to be self-employed. I have been retired from the service for 17 yrs now, on the road for 16 yrs, owner-operator for 10+ yrs. I do know where you are coming from, but please don't think that we who served don't deserve what was promised us. I know you did'nt say that in those words, but I felt the inference was there.

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
Broom said: “Than I Posted with the Phone # to GWs office. Once again responses from this Forum would do no good waist of time. I can even bring one name into the picture who lives in almost a perfect world at Tax payers expense. Something like the Sarg or General?
1. Must be nice to live in such a perfect protected world that if ones business suffers and one has over come so many obsticles that one could care less to stand up for his fellow worker. True Patriot or just look'n out for ones own intrest? Sorry to beat up on ya, but I expected much more from someone who demands expertese in all one does. (Many Posts in this regards)
One may have served our country for years and I will say thank for your contribution. But Sir while you obtained a pay check every single week I was SELF EMPLOYED being taxed to death to carry your pay check for you. Yes it was me the working stiff who makes this country continue forward.
We the self employed are at a direct disadvantage to those recieving govt. subsidies (free medical etc.) at our expense. So if the Mexican low cost labor means nothing to you it just might some day when there is not enough of us making a living to pay taxes and your benifits are reduced or cut.â€

I normally try to stay out of these things but are you serious? I know that while I was in the Army for eight years, I never felt that I was over paid. My $288.00 starting pay per month was really appreciated, but I happen to believe that I earned every flippen dime. While a lot of the military did not have to worry about next weeks check, some only had to worry about being alive to collect that $66.97 dollars a week that we also paid taxes on. But I forget that we had three hots and a cot. (Oh and by the way, they were not always hot, and there was not always a cot.)

Carry on with the rest of the story, but I think to imply that the people who put there a$$ on the line for you are a bunch of free loaders, are you even thinking about what your saying? While you were self employed do you think we were on holiday? I sure as heck wasn’t.

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
Broom I can't for the life of me understand your thought process on this. I have so many things to say about your "thanks for your contirbution" comment but it would not be in keeping with the rules of posting.

Would you mind clearing up a question I have? What has been your contribution to the country? If you have served in the Military then I can listen a little more to your thoughts about the free loading retired people. If your only contribution is paying taxes.....

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Well, I guess I was crap'in in a lot taller cotton than i'd imagined, when they plopped that $67 cash money (after taxes) on the table for me each MONTH. Got promoted and a raise in pay a couple months later, to $78. Life was good!! And, still is.

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
I think I should have given more back, after all I averaged only about 70 hours a week, during my Army life. Think of the free benies we were offered, free ground planting if killed.

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
Am I the only one you takes offense to these comments? I don't care about the rest of Broom's rant. But now broom's going after the "over paid" military. Sorry if you think it's amountian out of a mole hill, but I have not been this pi$$ed in a while on this board.

I can even bring one name into the picture who lives in almost a perfect world at Tax payers expense. Something like the Sarg or General?

Must be nice to live in such a perfect protected world that if ones business suffers and one has over come so many obsticles that one could care less to stand up for his fellow worker. True Patriot or just look'n out for ones own intrest? Sorry to beat up on ya, but I expected much more from someone who demands expertese in all one does. (Many Posts in this regards)

We the self employed are at a direct disadvantage to those recieving govt. subsidies (free medical etc.) at our expense.

PS I deserve a ton of crap, and I am ready for it I will not be responding cause I guess I deserve to be just like majority and not care what happens to you, and only my own success.

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
Did I not say thank you for serving? Do I not admire those who did? Yes. If I could have served I would have served. Born crippled, club feet not one but both. So hold that against me.

This was and is not about those who served and are due there Privledge of what is comming due to them. But the lack and ignorance of NOT MY PLACE to call Washington or write Washington, just let the Mexicans come on over and take every single job that a high school educated person can do instead of a U.S. citizen.

PLEASE GET THE POINT..... Many argueed back, if we do not stand up in #s such as the MEXICANS ARE DOING we are doomed. This is the point not Military service to our country. And if you ever meet me and see me in shorts the stitches or scares on my legs as everyone asks will explaine my not serving in the Military.

I for one HAVE THE STARS AND STRIPES HANGING PROUDLY ON MY HOUSE, do you? This is and is about sticking up for what I see as the doom of this industry (trucking) not about your $68 dollars a week back in 72 or further. But like I said Col. THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONTRIBUTION or did you forget to keep that in mind while reading. Has anyone reading this ever bought a Marine and his bride a $50.00 dollar dinner while seeing one dressed in Blues? I did and the waitress started to cry, and I insisted that NO ONE knew who the donnor was, my bride was very impressed to say the least and she is my wittness. I needed no thank you from this young marine or his bride I just knew it was the right thing for this citizen to do.

This post was and is only in reagards to the negativity of asking Citizens to get involved, and Col. Stated no thanks, was not his problem "he has fought bigger battles than a bunch of Mexicans being able to run legal or illegal freight in our Country." Did you not Col?

Pardon me for having an intrest in this Industry, Country for mine and your success. My previous posts in helping others is enough evidence that I for one am not self centered. It is our Industry, it is OUR future. I can only do so much but large #s get noticed. Thats the Point. I did not want to keep rehasing this over, NOW CRITIZE ME SOME MORE...

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
To all of those who did serve, why are you not fighting for your rights now? You fought at the control of our Govt. and now you just want to lay down and play what? Me the guy who did not serve is the one of the only one I know and who did stand up and do something. Maybee in Vain but at least I did and bring it to you alls attention. Only to get excuses.

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
At Tax payers expense
But Sir while you obtained a pay check every single week I was SELF EMPLOYED being taxed to death to carry your pay check for you. Yes it was me the working stiff who makes this country continue forward. We the self employed are at a direct disadvantage to those recieving govt. subsidies (free medical etc.) at our expense

To all of those who did serve, why are you not fighting for your rights now?

and now you just want to lay down and play what?

Me the guy who did not serve is the one of the only one I know and who did stand up and do something

Im willing to guess that you miss spoke, and that you did not mean to try and disparage the very people that help you be able to say and think what you want. I am guessing that you typed before you thought that thru. As far as some of the other comments, I would suggest to you that you may not be fully aware of what some of us support, or what we do without our shouting it from the highest mountain.

You may want to own those words or you may want to correct them, it’s your choice.

By the way the following is what I’m talking about the most. “But Sir while you obtained a pay check every single week I was SELF EMPLOYED being taxed to death to carry your pay check for youâ€

Yours truly
Jim

raceman

Veteran Expediter
I need to get on here more. Man o man did I miss something.

I call and write about things I feel are wrong and I only hope others do as well. Never have I posted on here here the things I have written or called about nor did I know I was supposed to. Oh well I will do better.

To anyone that has put on a uniform to fight for my right to be free and pay taxes thank you very much. Although I am not happy with the amount of tax I do pay I would be glad to see it doubled if it went to those who fought for my right to raise my family in this Country. I hope that it continues to be a free place and that is why I do contact my government from time to time.

It takes more than letters and calls. It takes time to understand what and who it is you are voting for.And that is not learned by watching campaign ads. Folks need to understand by researching. Well enough on this for me.

Thanks to each of you who fought for my freedom which just allowed me to write this. I hope all of you get all that is due you. Thanks.

Now as for Broom' mission, he is right in his overall topic. I think concerned passion may have caused the words to be wrongly placed. I hope.

Raceman
Dedicated O/O
OOIDA 741748

joebob1_30132

Expert Expediter
I sense a little resentment for those of us that
>receive "subsidies" from the gov't (free medical). I
>receive these "subsidies" from the gov't. I, however,
>prefer to call them entitlements. I was promised free
>medical for me and my family.

Thank you sir for serving our country,The sacrifice you were will to make was something at a young age,I am embarrased to say , was not will ing to do unless called on. and only would have done with a lot of trepidation... Your point about free medical and gov subsidies wheather you ment it this way or not..is not free ,,the gove gives nothing away for free.you and I have our money take from us ..gov health care will never be free to any tax payer. They take from one group to provide services and subsides to another..If anyone willing to make the sacrifice in the military certainly deserves those gov susides and I will never argue for the vets and active Military to get those.

mamaouzbier

Seasoned Expediter
would you please post the email address we can respond to for us new people who were not on here when you posted it before. i know lots of people i could get to send emails that is related to the trucking industry.
thanks
mamaouzbier

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I know that many out there just don’t get it.

What I see is something completely different about the entitlement mentality and how it has spilt over to other areas of life.

The first thing that comes to mind with all the rambling is that there is no guarantees in life and being in the military (as one person has always said to me) does not mean a thing when you retire, it is out of the hands of the retiree on what benefits will be afforded to them. The unfortunate thing is that the military, like any other civil servant job (which it is in a way) is controlled by the government, meaning the elected bureaucrats and this is the problem with the system. Complaining about it does no good but changing who is representing us will.

I also think that a great majority of truckers are lazy and stupid. Many don’t give a d*mn about the system we have, and many more don’t want to take the time to learn how it works. A lot of these people don’t see the correlation between their pocket book and the bill that we have waiting in the committees in congress. I know this first hand talking to many of them last year when I was fielding the idea of a voting initiative (dead idea right from the start) and not surprised that many did were not even registered to vote (including many former military personal). I was told that many truckers (expediters included) didn’t really care to take the time to even learn who their representative was. I made a bet with that person that I would find 10 out 20 people who could and after asking 60 people I lost the bet.

So back to writing and call and visiting your representative, I hear too many times that it would help, that is not true. What does help is if people vote and vote every time. When there is a record of the vote sitting there and your representative knows that you vote, they will listen.

garman351

Expert Expediter
Broompilot:
You are totally right on everything you say!!!

If things keep going the way they are right now we are going under in a few months or less.

Now I hear about Mexican based Companys will be running their low pay drivers taking away from American based Companys.

(NAFDA) Has really killed the American farmers.

(WHAT NEXT) Guess who?

Welcome to Mexiamerica land of opportunity for rich Government Officials and big business only. We all can look forward to retiring into poverty if we make it all.

x( x( x(
Garman351