companys

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
Typically, the expedite biz is all O/O and I know of no exceptions concerning carriers; however, there may be an owner listed in the 'free classifieds' on this site that may take you on as an employee.

mikecop

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I am an owner/operator leased to A D Transport Express, Canton, MI. They have a mix of owner/operators and company drivers. This is not expediting, but is a good deal. I have been leased to them 4 years.

They require minimum of two years recent over-the-road experience.
The company straight truck drivers need CDL B with Hazmat. They drive KW daycabs with 26' box, and stay in motels, rather than using trucks with sleepers. Straight trucks deliver large parts to auto dealers and body shops.

They also have a group which is also a mix of owner/operators and company drivers with tractor-trailer units. They do a lot of normal auto freight deliveries. They require CDL A with Hazmat, and also minimum of two years of recent over-the-road experience.

I don't know if they are hiring, but you can contact Vince Moceri at 800-832-0350 to inquire.

mcbride

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Doesn't TryHours and Express 1 have company drivers too?

mcbride-
--What goes around comes around--

TryHoursRcrtr

Expert Expediter
No, Try Hours doesn't have company drivers. We have the program for leasing drivers. There are trucks that drivers are able to lease trucks and get into the business so they can see what the business is about without the overhead costs.
Christine

Thunderboldt

Expert Expediter
I know of at least four here in the Milwaukee area that have company trucks/drivers along with owner/operators.They are Taylor-Made Express(Oak Creek),Jung Express(Milw.),Bonded Messenger Service(Milw.) and Action Express Inc.(Milw).While not all may be true "expedited" companies,they do have a lot of freight that goes that way,or that is even taken for the bigger expedite companies when they don't have a truck available.I guess it's best to check your area courier/messenger/trucking company listings and find out if they are looking for someone to handle expedites only in a company truck. Good luck...

Thunderboldt

Expert Expediter
By the way-I don't promote any of the above mentioned companies,just responding to the post,as two of the four I would have nothing good to say about.Thanks.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
mcbride, Express-1 doesn't have company drivers anymore. Too bad. They can send them to Chicago to pick up freight for us. :7

raceman

Veteran Expediter
Express-1 actually does have a couple of comapny drivers or at least they did last time I was there. I think it was Tractor though. With the recent changes there that may have changed. I do not get there often. I just get a settlement sheet from them. :) If you are looking to drive drop me a note. I am always looking for good drivers. Well as long as I keep my trucks. I am thinking about becoming a profeesional bum and that may require I let all my trucks go. Fishing has become old and with the HAWK on the road now, maybe I need to go bumming :)raceman

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
hahaha
I'm not good enough to take all the money... YET! :7

I was there this past weekend, and they said no more company drivers. I heard their rigs are for sale too.

mcbride

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
>No, Try Hours doesn't have company drivers. We have the
>program for leasing drivers. There are trucks that drivers
>are able to lease trucks and get into the business so they
>can see what the business is about without the overhead
>costs.
>Christine

Once again, I should keep my big mouth shut...if I don't know first hand. LOL I stand corrected.

mcbride-
--What goes around comes around--