Company wants to paint my truck with their logo's. Need advice on what I should do

jzalesky

Seasoned Expediter
Hey guys I know most of yall run over the road but I am a contractor with a 26' Freightliner that I run airfreight with. I have been running freight for this one company for the past 1.5 years. We never have officially signed any contracts or anything special except we are considered in house drivers. Just recently they are now wanting us to have our trucks painted blue with their logo wraps on it. The kicker is they are wanting us to pay half for the cost. Now I know I probably already know the answer to this one but I wanted yalls opinion. From what legal crap is there if any to if this is totally bogus type deal or is it common? They are not throwing anything extra out to us for doing it. My decision could end up having me getting released from them. Anyway any input or advice would be great. Thank you in advance.

Jason

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Re: Company wants to paint my truck with their logo's. Need advice on what I should d

Simple.
Whats it going to cost you ?
What is it worth to you to stay ?

Is it a good job?
Are you ready to change ? Are your options good ?
Is the truck in need of painting ?
These are things only you can decide.

Also, if others don't do it and leave, will that improve your situation ?

WanderngFool

Active Expediter
Re: Company wants to paint my truck with their logo's. Need advice on what I should d

A 26' truck is a fine thing to own. Is it a good looking truck? Do you like the existing paint? If I really liked my paint and some yahoo wanted to put his mark on it I'd be apt to look around for someone less demanding. But if you don't like your paint... That's a whole 'nother bunch of bananas.

The fact that you've been there for a year and a half suggests that you like the paycheck.

runrunner

Veteran Expediter

If you plan to stay with them and the money is right then it's ok I guess,if you don't have a contract that is a biggie,because without a contract I could see where they kind'a got you,because if they start making other changes you don't like your stuck with your truck being blue.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner

Well, lets see, if you pay half to have them installed, when the truck is aged, do they pay half to have them removed when you sell it or have another use for the truck?
No need to complicate the simple.

tknight

Veteran Expediter

A few years ago I had the idea to rent my truck out as advertising,the company I'm driving for (my own) couldn't care less ,however when I do Fedx and panther runs it might look odd having advertising on it

jzalesky

Seasoned Expediter

I have no problem having my truck painted if the deal is right I guess. The issue I am having is that they want us to get it done and pay half. They are not offering any benefits for having our trucks painted and they are not offering us a contract. To me we should at least have something in writing on agreement and terms. II ended up calling my Lawyer friend and he said it seem very odd that we dont have any contract with us being in house contractors. Suggested I not accept unless they work out some contract with us. Ones he has done before were no less than 3 years so I will see what they respond with. Thanks for all the input.

tknight

Veteran Expediter

ImageUploadedByEO Forums1388456223.038952.jpg
Thought this was pretty cool looking

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner

I have no problem having my truck painted if the deal is right I guess. The issue I am having is that they want us to get it done and pay half. They are not offering any benefits for having our trucks painted and they are not offering us a contract. To me we should at least have something in writing on agreement and terms. II ended up calling my Lawyer friend and he said it seem very odd that we dont have any contract with us being in house contractors. Suggested I not accept unless they work out some contract with us. Ones he has done before were no less than 3 years so I will see what they respond with. Thanks for all the input.

Listen to your lawyer friend.

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy

when i put ceva logo on my van it cost 150
to paint a 26' truck cost about 2,500 to 3,000
and we get %65 for logo