Companies offering money for a van/truck

VanMan

Expert Expediter
"getting Started in Expediting."
Dec-22-05, 06:49 PM (EST)
I'm looking at getting into driving a Expeditor truck. I have applied at a few companies and received some offers. Tri State sent me a letter saying that they would give you $5,000.00 towards a down payment or pay $1,000.00 a month towards your payment. I have have a friend that drives otr. He said that I would have to careful of these types of offers because he has seen were companies are associated with dealers and they get you into a truck and for the first year or two you get plenty of work and then the work slacks off and you are wondering how to pay your bills and you can't afford your truck payment or you house payment. He said you could end up losing everything. I just want to make sure that I'm making the right deceison and not a bag one. Thanks for all you help.
David

******Second posting,I must have hit a nerve !
I would watch who you take an offer from.I had a friend who wanted to lease from Tristate.He got a van from Alumijunk, I mean Alumibunk.He fell 2 payments behind.Tristate helped out Alumibunk track the van,and they repo'd the van.Watch who you buy from.It's been proven,companies get kick backs ! :)

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Do you like double posting? That "I have a friend" crap to bash companies doesn't usually fly around here. Besides, if your friend was 2 payments behind, that's 60 days, it usually means someone's gonna come and pick up your vehicle. And if you ignore that fact, and try to hide the vehicle, it's a crime. Also, I wouldn't doubt that repo companies get court orders to find out where vehicles are via qualcomm. So even if Tri-State did something like that, I wouldn't blame them.

VanMan

Expert Expediter
Wow,TnHawk are your feelings hurt? You must be on with Tristate.I double posted because I failed to see my other posting.Excuse the hell out of me,some aren't perfect as others ! GO FLORIDA GATORS ! :'(

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Feelings hurt? LOL Nah... I just usually know how things run around here. If you make allegations like that without backup (or from second hand sources), they usually get pulled. That may be what happened to yours... don't know. Do I run for Tri-State? Nope... never had the pleasure. Though I do take their loads from time to time. I'm just a guy looking in, and letting you know that most ppl don't believe the sky is falling, or that it's just not that big a deal. ;-)

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
What is wrong with his van getting repoed if he is failing to pay for it?
A company loses the benefit of the vehicles income at the point it leaves their fleet. There is no incentive for the company to participate in your described actions.
I am under the impression you are a venting Tri-State driver rather than providing factual information that you aquired from "a friend"
A post of this nature is much more credible if it is from the actual source.
You know what they say about heresay.

Davekc
owner
21 years
PantherII
EO moderator

dcrone336

Expert Expediter
Hey Van Man,

I just realized that you atttached my posting to your bashing of Tri State. Why don't you learn to write your own posting!! Don't come on here and take someone elses posting and try to make them look bad. I not on here to play childrens games I'm trying to do some research and get some information. YES YOU HIT A NERVE!!!