Come and Join my Journey Expediting in a van

MikeDamone

Not a Member
Researching
2013 GMC SRW 3500 cube van 4.8L 6 speed tranny 12ft box

How much was it? How do you like it? What kind of gas mileage? Im just thinking for the future. A used sprinter is out of the question from all the horror stories ive heard about them, and I don't see too many used transits a pms and theyre like 50k new, so im looking for more affordable alternatives. Thanks for the response, btw.

DST001

Expert Expediter
How much was it? How do you like it? What kind of gas mileage? Im just thinking for the future. A used sprinter is out of the question from all the horror stories ive heard about them, and I don't see too many used transits a pms and theyre like 50k new, so im looking for more affordable alternatives. Thanks for the response, btw.
Hello Mike I bought my van new $36,000 I'm getting 16-17 mpg I have the dreaded 6 speed gm tranny those are the down fall to my van or a GM product after 2010 other than the tranny I love the van easy to fix and parts are easy to get

DST001

Expert Expediter
Tired of truckstop and fast food

Attachments

• upload_2016-6-2_17-21-32.png
    upload_2016-6-2_17-21-32.png
    54.8 KB · Views: 22
  • upload_2016-6-2_17-23-19.png
    upload_2016-6-2_17-23-19.png
    54.8 KB · Views: 22

DST001

Expert Expediter
Hey Mike I would have to re enforce my roof for the weight of the rooftop Ac and it will lower my MPG also good question :)

ExFedEx

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Owner/Operator
Hi Duncan, I'm getting lost in your videos, lol! I just subscribed to your YouTube channel; I'm Broccoli Man over there. I never have seen the Detroiter until just a few minutes ago thanks to you, but have heard it referred to many many times over the years.

Keep up the good work and I'll be seeing you on YT way more than here I'm sure. Safe travels!

Reactions: Everything Apax

DST001

Expert Expediter
Hi Duncan, I'm getting lost in your videos, lol! I just subscribed to your YouTube channel; I'm Broccoli Man over there. I never have seen the Detroiter until just a few minutes ago thanks to you, but have heard it referred to many many times over the years.

Keep up the good work and I'll be seeing you on YT way more than here I'm sure. Safe travels!
Hey sorry for the long reply I haven't been on here for a while glad I could help you out and thanks for the subscription

MikeDamone

Not a Member
Researching
Hey Duncan, how is that window ac you set up working for you? What btu is it and how cool can you get it in the back?

DST001

Expert Expediter
Hey Mike I have a 5,000 BTU window unit it works great its keeping the van cool what the temp is I haven checked with a thermometer yet all I know it was 91f out side and I felt like I was at home with the AC on probably 70 something

MikeDamone

Not a Member
Researching
Ok cool. Im considering getting an aerocell cw myself and am probably going to go with a window unit as well.