Comdata cards or THC

chuckwagon

Seasoned Expediter
Is there anything else to use out there for truck owners other than comdata cards or THC. (THC is accepted by Flying J and that is about it.) Just wondering because I think my owner is about as new at this as I am. And I am tired of running so frickin low on fuel it makes be sick to my gut just in search of a Flying J spot.

are12

Expert Expediter
We use TAB, which is through the Flying J but can be used anywhere. Maybe you should have your owner check into it.

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
There are traditional credit cards . For years I used a Citi-bank Dividend Master Card that rebated back in the form of cash 5% on fuel purchases,3% on supemarkets and drugstores and 1 % on everyhing else. They have a $300 maximun rebate on a yearly basis so we used 2 seperate cards. When one hit the $300 limit we would use the other one. Worked out very well.

One drawback is to use T/stops that do not charge more for the use of a Master card. Flying J does but T/A , Loves,Wilco did not.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
We use both the Comdata card and the TAB card. At times it is easier to load money onto the Comdata card especially if we are in an area that does not have many Flying J's. We load the TAB card directly from out bank to the TAB card, the draw back there is it takes a couple of days for the transaction to complete.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Along with a Conoco credit card, I also buy fuel at Pilot with the Comdata card. I like the convenience of not having to wait in line for a pump to be turned on, or a receipt.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm not sure about TAB and the others but THC will definately give you a positive drug test result. I think LSD will to. PMS is still up for debate.