Cokes and Sprites

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Cokes and Sprites,, I like both, but , but, and but, the sugar content.

About 38 grams of sugar per 12 oz can. 38 grams is = to 5.33 tablespoons of sugar. Yes thats right,,,TABLESPOONS.

3 cokes a day for 2oo days is: 600 cokes x 38 grams of sugar each is: 22,800 grams, and now that = 50 lbs of sugar, not counting coffee drinks and such... and that is a lot of money just for sugared liquid. Now our teeth are next,,,just kidding...

Lets see,,,2 trains leaving Detroit,,,,o well.

Reactions: SimpleTrucker.com

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
That was one of the things we cut out a long time ago. I occasionally splurge though. We don't have any type of soda or candy bars in our truck either. We also don't consume anything with artificial sweeteners either, both of us have allergy issues with them. It definitely mde a big difference in energy when we cut sugary drinks out of our diet.

Sent from my XT1080 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
One thing ive notice for me is that if I have a sweet tea or coke I tend to sweat more. Now if I stick to my water with lemon, I hardly break a sweat. For me I hate to break out into a sweat when waiting on the freight and also securing the freight and being all sticky and having to drive all day/night. If that happens and ive got time, ill stop and take a shower!!

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
I don't really like sodas, but will occasionally have 7-UP. Do like the tiny cans when we can find them. If I get tired of plain water, I will put a splash of lemon juice in a bottle and it's very refreshing.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Soda of any kind is bad for you. The sugared variety carries the evils of sugar. The sweeteners in diet sodas play games with your brain that lead to needless cravings and poor eating habits. The best thing you can do with soda is not drink it at all.

How Bad is Soda Really?

Last edited:

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Soda consumption will certainly be impacted in the years to come - to some degree like cigarettes. In 2014, soda consumption started to be taxed like other vices.