Coast to coast am

Driver2

Seasoned Expediter
Not sure where to post this but I was wondering what you all are listening to during your travels. I don't know what I would do with out coast to coast am and in general without satellite radio namely XM/Serius for my trips that last through out the night (and the day). Some of my fondest memories are with coast to coast as there has been not one hour that I have pulled into or departed from a delivery while listening to this show either live during the night or recorded on the various media out there. It may be just me but as a driver who drives all hours of the night and day that I have grown very attached to this radio show as it has occupied my mind during countless nights of mile after mile of otherwise endless monotony. If this is not the place to post this someone please tell me where I should've posted it.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
As my truck gets older I listen to the truck and the road..I preety much feel that most of whats on the radio is just noise I dont want anyways.. From time to time I may turn it on but it can be months apart.

Also, No worries Driver, They will move it if it isnt where they want it.
:D

Driver2

Seasoned Expediter
I guess I'm not a die hard or born driver cause the sound of my vehicle, no matter how bad the media choices are, is not enough to overcome the hour after hour of the "next to silence" of listening to a steady hum of an engine. Come on! You must listen to some radio program on a regular basis....or not.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I spend a lot of time listening to MLB on XM. But I also always have one ear listening to the heartbeat of the truck and all of the various and sundry warning noises it can make.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
None at all on a regular basis I tell ya.
Even if I pop in a CD it becomes so igoning when it skips as I roll over the pot holes. I have the Sirus ant on my mirror bracket but I just let the birds use it. I have enought noise inside my head I dont need the radio much..Now when weather becomes a issue I will use it.

Driver2

Seasoned Expediter
I guess I don't have enough in my head to occupy the space, haha. I guess it's just me. Good night.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I've become a huge fan of audiobooks - never thought I'd enjoy being read to, but the narrators are pros, and it's pretty cool.
I also spend time listening to the whooshes & clackety clacks of the truck, because it helps to know an abnormal sound when I hear it.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
There are a couple of trucking shows I listen to on XM and the rest of the time I am listening to audio books, pod casts, and music on my iPhone.

I have always been a voracious reader and now to actually have the time still amazes me. Bring on the books!

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have an AM/FM radio. When I bother with it at all, I'm choosing between country music and Christian contemporary music. I avoid Coast to Coast like the plague, it's pretty solid conspiracy and space alien stuff. If you believe your wife is a space alien who is spying on you for the CIA and the FBI, Coast to Coast is for you.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Coast to Coast is just mainly funny but once in a great while they will have a show that is factual.

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
My wife uses the Sirius and listens to a lot of different programming. I prefer the sound of the road and motor humming. And listening to the little voices inside my head.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
My wife has to have audiobooks.
I generally listen to the truck/road. Will listen to the trucking shows that seem more news worthy.

Driver2

Seasoned Expediter
With C2C you have to weed out the bad shows such as aliens, remote viewing, psychics etc. I think if they would focus less on that and more on topics such as history, science, health instead of getting too new age they would be great. I miss listening to Art Bell, lot of great memories from C2C attached to driving. The bumper music is great.

jrcarroll

Expert Expediter
We only have AM/FM. Our list is: Talk shows, Herman Cain, Rush, Sean Hannity. Or when we can 650 WSM. On the ocassional overnite run I'll listen to 700 WLW.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
How do you guys just listen to the road/truck? That would drive me crazy.

So will going into a shop on a hook when didnt hear something that doesnt belong there. There are pleanty of noises (mostly coming out of the sleeper) that I know belong there. Its the new bump and grind I wanna catch before it becomes something else.
For me I guess the radio is just one less distraction at times and thats why its off most of the time.. Hockey season and a baseball game from time to time will change that tho.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Speaking of radio stations and for anyone that doesnt know..While approaching the Detriot area here is the best station I know of for road reports when ya come across a proplem.
WJR 760 on the Am dial.