Clevelan inner belt truck ban

GraZZy

Seasoned Expediter
Beware of the cleveland innerbelt. they started ticketing today any truck over I believe 4000 lbs. Must find alternate routes around downtown or backroads into downtown.

Local police are reported to be issuing warnings. Ohio DOT is not, they are hitting you with $500 fines. Do not take a wrong turn and wind up with a huge fine.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Guess I'll be tearing the Cleveland page out of the atlas.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
What is considered the inner belt as far as interstate number or route number or whatever? I don't really wind up around Cleveland much at all and don't know anything by that name.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Kind of makes getting to Erie from Toledo a noticeably longer trip.

P51bombay

Expert Expediter
umm............ok but having never been there it means nothing to me. It was my understanding that FHWA requires states to allow trucks access to the NN and a reasonable distance from it for food, fuel, etc.

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Bridge is in Pi** poor Condition first the Close 2 lanes, now the are gonna open a Third Lane But before the do that, they have to get the Big Trucks to use the Detour. and really the Detour adds 5 mins to the drive. And the inner belt is I-90 and the Bridge is where it runs into I-71

FIS53

Veteran Expediter
Sure about that 4000lb part? That means they would have to restrict vans and pickup trucks as a half ton p/u is rated 6600lbs and a full size gm van is rated near 8900lbs (3500).
That would cause a problem for a lot of people.
Rob

Scuba

Veteran Expediter
My understanding is the tickets for driving through atlanta do not hold up in court because it is part of the federal highway system. But the thing is you have to show up to get it tossed out or hire a lawyer

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
I don't like 75 through Atlanta either. Narrow lanes, tighter curves, and fast traffic! Give me 285 any day

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Totally agree, Pel, except that I wonder how come we are required to pay all the taxes & fees for the roads we can use only part of?