Class 8 O/O, is anyone with Landstar express?

henboy1

Expert Expediter
Hi guys!It has beena about 2 yrs since I posted.I am with Landstar ranger with a tractor and I am wondering if anyone on here is with Landstar Express.If so, where do you find your loads?Do you find your loads like we do on a laptop with an aircard and on their website?This is a question for the cargo van and straight truck drivers.Especially the straight trucks, and I am wondering what your averaging on a cpm.

riverrat2000

Seasoned Expediter
beenwith LEAM for almost 8 yrs now we are at the mercy of the agents to call us with a load offer, sister co. freight doesn't pay for more than fuel they don't like express trucks doing sister co freight and take a HUGE bite out of it, freight is picking up a bit but a large amount of it is outsourced. freight rates have been going down the past month and if you are thinking about coming to LEAM be aware that starting last march they have been auditing logs off of the Q-com, right now i would say you are probably better off with ranger

JohnO

Veteran Expediter
Been with them as a solo driver since January and have been quite busy low rates are $1.40 with high at $3.25.