City announces cell phone ban.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Time to tear a page out of the atlas. And yes, talking to the passenger is even more distracting than talking on a hands free device but that will be beyond the comprehension of some.

cableguymn

Seasoned Expediter
Time to tear a page out of the atlas. And yes, talking to the passenger is even more distracting than talking on a hands free device but that will be beyond the comprehension of some.

I have a bluetooth car radio.. no ear piece, no nothing. It looks like I am talking to myself when I am using it.

No Mr Officer, I was not on the phone. I talk to myself all the time. I also answer myself and I am an expediter.. Do you think I should see a doctor?

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Chapel Hill NC, home to the University of North Carolina...a bastion of liberal education and progressive idealism...see any parallel......:rolleyes:

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
No Mr Officer, I was not on the phone. I talk to myself all the time. I also answer myself and I am an expediter.. Do you think I should see a doctor?

And what if that po will ask for your cell phone to check your last call?:D

usaf6186

Veteran Expediter
I bet the cops still use theirs. almost evertime I see a cop car the driver is on a cell phone, Jerry Lee.

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
All the Leo's I see cruising around are plunking away on there laptops as there driving....

Sent from my ADR6300 using EO Forums

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter

Last time the hands free topic was talked about here, I was against it and was avoiding them.Then based on what I think Turtle and maybe OVM said was just deal with it, I gave it a try.. Now I am convinced that the I find the hands free device way more distracting then the simply cell phone call ever was.. Including the fact that I now have more chargers and devices floating around the truck..I don't like em one bit.. I see nothing hands free about them..They seem to complicate a phone call at times.

easyrider2697

Expert Expediter
They can get one in a flash... trust me, my bro is one of 'em :(

most phones nowadays have a passcode locking system, screen lock, ect..that will keep them out even with a warrant..seriously doubt they gonna go that far for a ticket anyway..but who knows now days.

LisaLouHoo

Expert Expediter
most phones nowadays have a passcode locking system, screen lock, ect..that will keep them out even with a warrant..seriously doubt they gonna go that far for a ticket anyway..but who knows now days.

I started locking mine when I am on the road, too. Set with no time delay, so it locks immediately when I put it in power saver mode. I can still answer incomings with it locked and call 9-1-1, but nothing else until I unlock it.

Sent from my ADR6300 using EO Forums

AMonger

Veteran Expediter

They have devices for all major makes of phones. They plug 'em in and it downloads everything, bypassing all locking mechanisms. Some states were copying anything as a matter of course.

--

You know the problem with bad cops? They make the other 5% look bad.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Amonger is right, the hand held device they have will download everything in the phone including pictures and saved messages and the phone does nt even have to be powered up....but it does have to have the battery attached to it....:D

But beyond that, as was said, they are not going to get a warrant simply to prove you were on the phone...it isn't worth there time and effort....and they aren't getting mine without one...