Cities that really need a truck stop

JeffJensen

Moderator Emeritus
I saw this topic on a trucking site recently and wanted to present
it here.

In one post, these locations were cited as needing a truck stop, but
it seems like some of them have improved in the last few years with new truck stops being built in those areas.

Are the following still as bad as they used to be?

Cleveland,Oh

Syracuse,NY

Rochester,NY

Newark,NJ/Jersey City area

What other expediting areas are still in need of a good truck stop or two?

Jeff

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Lynchburg VA,Charlotte NC,The west side of Cleveland,and the 1 area lacking decent facilities is in my opinion Boston Ma.area.

Brandy

Expert Expediter
Real good truckstops are hard to find, I think they should tear down all the scummy turckstops and build new state of the art ones.

Sean

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
syracuse ny has a truck stop about 25 miles north of syr
at route 104 ex 38/or 39 i think
check the truckstop on eo for right ex
in rochester ny there is or was sugar creek dive-it
best thing they good do to that place is to run a bull dozer
thru it a couple of times

newark nj has one at top of 17 in

msdelaware

Expert Expediter
I agee Charlotte really needs a good truckstop, but lets not forget the north east. New Hampshire, Mass,Rhode Island...ect...

treeman

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Syracuse has a pilot ex 25 i think off 81 right near the thruway.And I think they are building a Flying J near Seneca falls off the thruway. For providence or boston I go to Rt 1 off 495. I have it written down in the truck but I cant remember if its rt 1 north or south. Has a decent diner too.It puts you about half way between the cities for good access to both. I've had good luck there. Around Newark or NY I go to the Vince Lombardi. It has cheap fuel and no toll to get to it. Also you can go north or south on the trnpk when you leave. No showers though and only fast food. I guess they could use a COUPLE of good truckstops there. I'm sure they'd be full all the time.

GroundHawk

Expert Expediter
There is a truck stop in cleveland,ohio.Its right downtown and right off the interstate. It is a little hard to find but it is there.It is safe and quite. I will post direction soon. Hawk

G

Here's a map to help find the United Truck Stop in Cleveland.. It's on Transport Road. Get off 490 at Broadway, left on Rockefeller to Transport Road to the end.. Competetive fuel, great food and nice clean showers.

I'm sorry to say that both truckstops in Chicago are now gone. We used to use the one on Halstead at 45th a lot. The 76 has been gone for years.. Same in Columbus OH.