Chinese Drywall

pjjjjj

Veteran Expediter
Has anyone heard about the issues with Chinese drywall??
I just heard about it from our insurance broker. They won't even insure drywall contractors any more for liability insurance. We are in Canada, so the problem is less prevalent here, but she said there have been numerous problems in the USA and lawsuits, etc., brought to light by all the weather incidents that you guys have been having.
Like... I'm thinking when are our countries going to just say NO to Chinese stuff??????
They're going to take over the world so that none of our manufacturers are in business any more, and then leave us with zero products because it will be determined that all of their products are just toxic.
People.... spend the extra buck to buy 'north american' before it's too late!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Has anyone heard about the issues with Chinese drywall??
I just heard about it from our insurance broker. They won't even insure drywall contractors any more for liability insurance. We are in Canada, so the problem is less prevalent here, but she said there have been numerous problems in the USA and lawsuits, etc., brought to light by all the weather incidents that you guys have been having.
Like... I'm thinking when are our countries going to just say NO to Chinese stuff??????
They're going to take over the world so that none of our manufacturers are in business any more, and then leave us with zero products because it will be determined that all of their products are just toxic.
People.... spend the extra buck to buy 'north american' before it's too late!

I believe I read about that especially after Katrina...we were warned about the Chinese stuff....it should have been banned from import...and still should be if it is still toxic...

pjjjjj

Veteran Expediter
I believe I read about that especially after Katrina...we were warned about the Chinese stuff....it should have been banned from import...and still should be if it is still toxic...

Why not just ban the import, period, and let our people take back their countries.

pjjjjj

Veteran Expediter
I wonder when it will dawn on those that determine the 'way' of our countries, that saving a buck should come after the health and safety of their people.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I wonder when it will dawn on those that determine the 'way' of our countries, that saving a buck should come after the health and safety of their people.

The lead paint on toys issue of last year just came to mind as well...all imports should have been stopped as a penalty for awhile...

pjjjjj

Veteran Expediter
Obviously there have been lots of issues with lots of products and shouldn't that just be enough already? What is the MATTER with us?

paullud

Veteran Expediter
There are to many Wal-Mart shoppers around, they completely destroyed what Wal-Mart used to be, Sam Walton is rolling in his grave.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

clcooper

Expert Expediter
but atleast the Chinese are hard workers .so we cant stop them from making money . because the Amercian people are just lazy people only wanting hand outs .

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
The drywall is bad news in Florida. After Katrina there was a shortrage of it and the Chinese got in the game. Lawsuits in the thousands in Florida because of health issues. It aggravates lung problems especially Asma.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
but atleast the Chinese are hard workers .so we cant stop them from making money . because the Amercian people are just lazy people only wanting hand outs .

good incentive in that country..don't work hard? Take ya out back and shoot ya...:eek: instead of a welfare check...

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver

Judging by the number of folks insisting on "less regulation" [and was it Michelle Bachmann who promised to eliminate the EPA?!], holding breath is not advisable.
Seriously - do they TRUST profit minded corporations to refrain from dumping toxic waste in the handiest body of water?

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
Judging by the number of folks insisting on "less regulation" [and was it Michelle Bachmann who promised to eliminate the EPA?!], holding breath is not advisable.
Seriously - do they TRUST profit minded corporations to refrain from dumping toxic waste in the handiest body of water?

She's a sharp one. Today she's celebrating Elvis birthday. The only problem is he died on this day. :eek:

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
There are to many Wal-Mart shoppers around, they completely destroyed what Wal-Mart used to be, Sam Walton is rolling in his grave.

Don't kid yourself. Walton was a shrewed businessman. Anything to make a profit was his motto.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Don't kid yourself. Walton was a shrewed businessman. Anything to make a profit was his motto.

He was a businessman so profit was a goal but he also did things like hunt down American made products and he also worked with then Gov. Clinton to save a t-shirt manufacturer in Arkansas. He was a determined businessman but kept the buy American idea as part of his plan.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
He was a businessman so profit was a goal but he also did things like hunt down American made products and he also worked with then Gov. Clinton to save a t-shirt manufacturer in Arkansas. He was a determined businessman but kept the buy American idea as part of his plan.

But, when push came to shove, he would have done the same as all the rest and gone off shore.

Unfortunetly, he died nearly 20 years ago, so we will never know.