Cheap Freight to No Freight

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Some carriers make a living off of double brokering freight. I had a carrier call my owner once and say that they were bidding on a load for my truck off of NLM. They were going to bid it high enough to pay me a dollar a mile and still make a couple hundred dollars off of it. They never got the load but they told me to hang tight in El Paso and that they would eventually find me a load. They are one of the bigger carriers on here. I wish I could sit there and win NLM loads all day and put them on partner carrier trucks and skim profits off the top. That's kind of like scalping hedge funds lol. One of my owners used to run for a carrier at times and they did not have broker authority, but they paid in seven days. I have also ran for companies that had broker authority and a bond, but you had to get them to send you a comcheck before you deliver. One of the owner I drove for had to do this a while back for Nations Express.
and that right there is what should NOT be allowed on these load boards....if the one bidding it doesn't have their own truck close then they can't bid on it....they win the bid and then resell it to the closer truck and take a cut...now that where the rate erosion really is....its the carriers/brokers screwing us all....because they all do it...to make a buck...

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
and that right there is what should NOT be allowed on these load boards....if the one bidding it doesn't have their own truck close then they can't bid on it....they win the bid and then resell it to the closer truck and take a cut...now that where the rate erosion really is....its the carriers/brokers screwing us all....because they all do it...to make a buck...

I would have to disagree with you on the statement that all carriers do that. As an agent for Sunteck Transportation it states in our contract that double brokering is not be allowed. It's not worth the risk to lose customers or partner carriers. Some people may do it, but we don't. Also if a carrier is part of TEANA and caught, they will be kicked out of TEANA. TEANA has it's members to have the integrity of follow the guidelines of the rules that a company must sign to join TEANA. One of those rules is not double brokering.

Reactions: OntarioVanMan

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
you'll have to define double brokering Dave.... I am in Mass and just for an example...a load comes up and say ding dong wins the bid.....BUT they turn around and resell it? Y or N...
this one I've been a victim of as dispatch called me to see if I'd do the load if bid on and we lost the bid to another carrier BUT yet we get the bid when its resold and running it on the behalf of the first winner....

another....a carrier has a what they call "first call priority" they take the load even though they have no intention of putting it on thier own truck and broker it out.....

I have also seen on a BOL "This Load maybe brokered out" stamped on it?...

Glad to hear that you don't Dave....

Last edited:
Reactions: ntimevan

deadhead

Veteran Expediter
Remember Guys & Gals .... they think we are just Dumb drivers and were hungery for loads .... and we won't realize or think about what goes on Behind the Scenes .... JMO
I talked with one of our agents yesterday and they are not seeing the loads.They think the market is being cornered,there claim they don't get offers like they use to! I guess I print one of the signs and start standing on the corner with my hand out.God Bless the USA.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
remember folks....expedite is NOT supposed to be regular....we are not owed a load....in a perfect world we are not even to be here....if a shipper and logistics has a good day...we have a bad day....and lately they appear to be having better days....and what little there is ....is going at a very competitive price.....so if you are waiting on that steady diet of high priced loads.....good luck with that....
there are just too many of us ....period.....

deadhead

Veteran Expediter
remember folks....expedite is NOT supposed to be regular....we are not owed a load....in a perfect world we are not even to be here....if a shipper and logistics has a good day...we have a bad day....and lately they appear to be having better days....and what little there is ....is going at a very competitive price.....so if you are waiting on that steady diet of high priced loads.....good luck with that....
there are just too many of us ....period.....
Does 2 loads this month count as a steady diet. I can't even paid attn.LOL

bobbyloads

New Recruit
Fleet Owner
OMG! You guys are some racist ba$%@%s! I'm of Polish decent, I was born in America. My parents came here because they lost their first child cause of lack of doctors attention in Poland, my dad paid cash for my birth cause he did not know he can make payments on the hospital bill. You guys just think cause someone has an accent they are evil, lol if your hardworking and wan't to make money your gonna do it, what the Europeans have diesel discount cards? or get free maintenance? or don't have truck,insurance overhead payments? If your a scum bag your a scumbag European, white(if your white your family came here from another country at 1 point or another) black, green whatever. It dosen't matter where your from the trucking industry is big enough for everyone to get a piece if they work hard. Just cause the whole industry is down right now you have to tough it out and make it through this trucking depression, times will be good again!

Reactions: ajakapari

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
OMG! You guys are some racist ba$%@%s! I'm of Polish decent, I was born in America. My parents came here because they lost their first child cause of lack of doctors attention in Poland, my dad paid cash for my birth cause he did not know he can make payments on the hospital bill. You guys just think cause someone has an accent they are evil, lol if your hardworking and wan't to make money your gonna do it, what the Europeans have diesel discount cards? or get free maintenance? or don't have truck,insurance overhead payments? If your a scum bag your a scumbag European, white(if your white your family came here from another country at 1 point or another) black, green whatever. It dosen't matter where your from the trucking industry is big enough for everyone to get a piece if they work hard. Just cause the whole industry is down right now you have to tough it out and make it through this trucking depression, times will be good again!

Just curious... which race are people being racist about? Are you talking ethnicity? That's not really racist.

BTW. I'm a pollack too. I broke my arm raking leaves... I fell out of the tree. :D

bubblehead

Veteran Expediter
I talked with one of our agents yesterday and they are not seeing the loads.They think the market is being cornered,there claim they don't get offers like they use to! I guess I print one of the signs and start standing on the corner with my hand out.God Bless the USA.

"I guess I print one of the signs and start standing on the corner with my hand out.God Bless the USA".

If you do that, you will have to have it in several different languages...most people driving by (especially in trucks) can't read English.

wayneygogo

Seasoned Expediter
an·ti·trust-
of or relating to legislation preveventing or controlling trusts or other monopolies, with the intention of promoting competition in business. The other part of antitrust legislation noted that once a company became too big, they had taken advantage of their employees. doesn't the IRS consider us employees. Could a governing federal body intercede on our behalf.