changing pass words

morningstar55ny

Veteran Expediter
Driver
ok this is frustrating.....
we need 2 passaowrds here...
1 for the classifies...
and another for here.
i tried changing my pass word for here..... and it takes me to my info /pass word for the classified section.
soooooo
hope this doesnt all sound confusing.
i forgot my pass word
soo had a tempory one sent to my email........ i use it here, and im suppose to be able to change it .. well when i do ..... it takes me to my account info for the classified area..
the pass word for that area does NOT work for the forum areas.....
soo i been having to copy and paste the temp one all the time just to be in the forum area.

does this make sense??

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Actually I had the same issue and also it will tell me my password is wrong even if I use what is saved or type it in. I went through the suggestions it gives you it didn't work so then I had a temporary password sent and it rejected the new one but started letting me use my previous one. This is only on my computer and I never had an issue on my phone so I was thinking it must be the computer.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

chillout

Administrator
Staff member
On Time Media Staff
I can reset your passwords for you!

Please send me an email first - [email protected]

I will NOT change any passwords if you don't email me (don't want to lock you out completely! :p )

paullud

Veteran Expediter
I can reset your passwords for you!

Please send me an email first - [email protected]

I will NOT change any passwords if you don't email me (don't want to lock you out completely! :p )

I am not sure where the issue is, the password will work for me most of the time but for some reason when you try to go into the classifieds it tells you to sign in even though I already am, but it will not accept the password. I have had to reset my password a few times and I think it was the last time I reset it then tried using the one that was emailed but it did not work so I had to reset it again. I have had no problems using the EO app on my phone, I don't use the browser much so I am not sure if I would have the same issues as on the computer. I am not sure if this is something being caused by my internet or computer, I have updated Internet Explorer and cleared the cookies.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

chillout

Administrator
Staff member
On Time Media Staff
The info you provided when you registered is actually stored in the classifieds. It then syncs to the forums, thus you have the same username and password for both.

Occasionally, when someone requests a change of password, the system gets out of sync -- neither anything you have done, nor could have prevented.

If you email me the password you wish to use, I can get it all synced up for you!

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
The info you provided when you registered is actually stored in the classifieds. It then syncs to the forums, thus you have the same username and password for both.
And that, I think, is a fundamental problem with how the login and user database is constructed. Not only must you use the same username and password for both, which can be a significant problem if you don't to have your forum name and a classified listing connected directly to each other, but you must also use the same e-mail address for both, which presents its own set of issues.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
And that, I think, is a fundamental problem with how the login and user database is constructed. Not only must you use the same username and password for both, which can be a significant problem if you don't to have your forum name and a classified listing connected directly to each other, but you must also use the same e-mail address for both, which presents its own set of issues.

Turtle, I think this is all caused by two different software packages being bundled to create a salable package. There is a quick fix for that and a few other issues but I am thinking that the developers wouldn't know where to look or what to change. I think I still can't change my email address here.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I resisted changing mine for a long time, but I recently had to due to the type and volume of e-mail you can get as a moderator. In order to change it, I had to fill in all of the required fields (name, address, etc.) that up until then were blank.